The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 15, 2011, 08:42pm
Official Forum Member

Bonehead

Had a huge bonehead moment in my freshman boys game last night. Partner reports a foul on Team A, I thought it was shooting, but he had non-shooting. Team B in the bonus.

I didn't look at him before I administered the ball and called 2 shots. Shooter releases the ball and everyone just kind of stands there. That's when the "oh $*#&" alarm goes off in my head and I know what I've done.

Player from Team A catches the rebound and tosses it to me as the bench sounds the horn and signals that it should have been 1-and-1. I blow my whistle with the ball in my hands.

I gave the ball to white since they had possession last before the ball was technically dead.

Did I proceed correctly?
Old Thu Dec 15, 2011, 08:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco View Post
Had a huge bonehead moment in my freshman boys game last night. Partner reports a foul on Team A, I thought it was shooting, but he had non-shooting. Team B in the bonus.

I didn't look at him before I administered the ball and called 2 shots. Shooter releases the ball and everyone just kind of stands there. That's when the "oh $*#&" alarm goes off in my head and I know what I've done.

Player from Team A catches the rebound and tosses it to me as the bench sounds the horn and signals that it should have been 1-and-1. I blow my whistle with the ball in my hands.

I gave the ball to white since they had possession last before the ball was technically dead.

Did I proceed correctly?
Since the rebound wasn't contested, possession is awarded via the AP
Old Thu Dec 15, 2011, 09:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Did I proceed correctly?
Just curious, was Team A white, or Team B white?
Old Thu Dec 15, 2011, 11:02pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Well, you made a fiasco out of that play, didn't you?
Old Fri Dec 16, 2011, 07:32am
Lighten up, Francis.

Case play 8.6.1. Resume with an AP throw-in.
Old Sat Dec 17, 2011, 12:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Did I proceed correctly?
Wow, the bench had a horn?

Last edited by fullor30; Sat Dec 17, 2011 at 08:47am.
Old Sat Dec 17, 2011, 06:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
Well, you made a fiasco out of that play, didn't you?
I believe he covered that himself in the first sentence. No need to rub it in. He learned and others can learn.

Rita
Old Sat Dec 17, 2011, 07:00pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Good, Clean, Healthy, Sophomoric, Fun ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita C View Post
No need to rub it in.
Why not? That's how we have fun here on the Forum. Are you going to deny us the right, and privilege, of rubbing it in someone's face when one of us makes a mistake. That's the main reason why I log on everyday. It's like the game "Whack-A-Mole", but it's the "Whack-An-Official" version.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sat Dec 17, 2011, 08:33pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita C View Post
I believe he covered that himself in the first sentence. No need to rub it in. He learned and others can learn.

Rita
I was just commenting on the coincidence of his username.