The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 06, 2011, 07:29pm
Esteemed Forum Member

2011 IAABO Refresher Exam - Question 41 ...

I just got around to reviewing my 2011 IAABO Refresher Exam questions, and answers. I found a few really "odd" questions. I'd thought that I would share a few with the Forum. Remember these are IAABO, not NFHS, interpretations.

41. During A-1’s interrupted dribble, A-1 runs several steps past the ball then returns to get the ball. When A-1
returns to the ball, the ball is motionless on the floor. A-1 hits the ball with his/her hand to give the ball
motion. The official rules a double dribble. Is the official correct?

41. No

4-15-4a: The dribble ends when: The dribbler catches or causes the ball to come to rest in one or both
hands.

4-15-5: An interrupted dribble occurs when the ball is loose after deflecting
off the dribbler or after it momentarily gets away from the dribbler. There is no
player control during an interrupted dribble.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Wed Dec 07, 2011, 07:09am
Esteemed Forum Member

Anybody Remember "Curly" Neal ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
During A-1’s interrupted dribble, A-1 runs several steps past the ball then returns to get the ball. When A-1
returns to the ball, the ball is motionless on the floor. A-1 hits the ball with his/her hand to give the ball motion.
And if the hit and motion adds a little bounce, then A-1 can "continue" dribbling? Does this sound right?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Dec 07, 2011 at 07:19am.
Old Wed Dec 07, 2011, 08:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
And if the hit and motion adds a little bounce, then A-1 can "continue" dribbling? Does this sound right?
Well, if the answer to the question was "no", then why wouldn't A1 be able to continue the dribble?

And, yes, it sounds right to me.
Old Wed Dec 07, 2011, 11:40am
Official Forum Member

When I took the refresher, I looked up the definition of when a dribble ends. Since the dribble did not end per rule (dribbler catches the ball or causes it to come to rest in his hands), the action is legal.