The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 10, 2011, 09:04am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
At least one official is required on the court. So 2 can go back and take the 3rd's jacket or 1 can go back and take the other 2's jackets.

Officials and Their Duties. 2-4.2. At least one official must remain on the floor once jurisdiction begins.

Rule 2-4 Art. 2. For men, at least one official shall arrive on the floor 30 minutes before the start of the game. At least one official must remain on the floor once jurisdiction begins.
Until both teams go in, then the officials disappear. At least that's what happened at Wisconsin last weekend.

We do the same -- if the teams both go in, we'll take our jackets to the locker room and then come back and wait at the door for a team to come back.
Old Thu Nov 10, 2011, 09:06am
Official Forum Member

We have been instructed that all three officials are to remain on the court for the entire pre-game. The CCA manual (and the NCAA memos) recommend all officials remain "to enhance crew unity."
Old Thu Nov 10, 2011, 09:12am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStateRef View Post
We have been instructed that all three officials are to remain on the court for the entire pre-game. The CCA manual (and the NCAA memos) recommend all officials remain "to enhance crew unity."
In our HS games, we leave the jackets at the table and take them to the locker room at halftime. At college games, we sometimes leave the jackets at the table and somebody takes them to the locker room for us.

I hope the jackets don't go away, although the CCA jackets were designed by someone who is either blind or has no fashion sense.
Old Thu Nov 10, 2011, 09:17am
Official Forum Member

Talking Jackets are necesarry...

...for those that come dressed
Old Thu Nov 10, 2011, 09:17am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
In our HS games, we leave the jackets at the table and take them to the locker room at halftime. At college games, we sometimes leave the jackets at the table and somebody takes them to the locker room for us.

I hope the jackets don't go away, although the CCA jackets were designed by someone who is either blind or has no fashion sense.
I think the main reason they changed these jackets in the first place, was to make them very different than what is used at other levels. Too many people were getting away with wearing them in high school games in the old style. This was to stand out IMO and what I had heard. I have not seen many try to wear these jackets at the HS level since the change, at least here.

Peace
Old Thu Nov 10, 2011, 09:18am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letemplay View Post
...for those that come dressed
LOL!!!!

Peace
Old Thu Nov 10, 2011, 09:24am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I think the main reason they changed these jackets in the first place, was to make them very different than what is used at other levels. Too many people were getting away with wearing them in high school games in the old style. This was to stand out IMO and what I had heard. I have not seen many try to wear these jackets at the HS level since the change, at least here.

Peace
I haven't seen anyone wear them at the juco level, either. People are either wearing the old CCA jacket or just wearing plain black (HS) jackets. They're downright fugly.
Old Thu Nov 10, 2011, 09:31am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
I haven't seen anyone wear them at the juco level, either. People are either wearing the old CCA jacket or just wearing plain black (HS) jackets. They're downright fugly.
I have never worked a single college game where guys did not have these jackets where I was not called 15 minutes before showing up to the game.

Everyone originally assigned to a game JUCO, NAIA, NCAA game has had them and worn them on the floor when I worked.

They are not as bad as the NBA jackets.

Peace
Old Sat Nov 12, 2011, 12:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Too many people were getting away with wearing them in high school games in the old style.
Except for the patch or embroidery, our HS jackets have either been very similar or the same as the CCA until the white stripes. I took my old CCA jacket and used it for my "UIL" jacket (with patch) when we switched over from TASO. Still have all my old jackets -- one blue "Southwest Officials Association," two blue CCA (first one tore apart the lining in the second washing, but served as a backup for almost a decade); two black CCA, one black TASO, and one of the current CCA. I've seen guys that work mostly college ball wear the CCA jacket for a HS playoff game, but that's been years ago and was rare.