The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun May 15, 2011, 08:12pm
Official Forum Member

6 on the Floor and No T

In the middle of the second period in the Heat v. Bulls game, the Heat had 6 on the floor during a live ball. I did not see it very well; mabey one official didn't see the other's signal and they let it go. It was either that or the sub entered illegally and they cut the Heat a break. Regardless, there was no T. Even the announcers thought there should have been a T. Any of those who watch NBA games see it or have a clip of it? Any thoughts?
Old Sun May 15, 2011, 08:22pm
Official Forum Member

I saw the call...there had to be something more that happened because they wouldn't just ignore the call. The problem with the replays they showed is they just showed a freeze frame showing the six players on the court rather than the action that caused him to come on the court. For all we know, Dan Crawford could of told him he could come into the game but didn't see the ball was live.

The only other explanation I can think of is the officials recognized the sixth player before the ball became alive and were really slow with blowing the whistle...and by rule they if they did, they would blow the play dead and get the sixth player off and resume play.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Sun May 15, 2011, 10:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanicsman View Post
In the middle of the second period in the Heat v. Bulls game, the Heat had 6 on the floor during a live ball. I did not see it very well; mabey one official didn't see the other's signal and they let it go. It was either that or the sub entered illegally and they cut the Heat a break. Regardless, there was no T. Even the announcers thought there should have been a T. Any of those who watch NBA games see it or have a clip of it? Any thoughts?
No idea exactly why he came onto the floor. My guess is Crawford waved him in, and therefore, didn't call the T for his mistake.

But I do know one thing. It makes absolutely no difference what the announcers thought.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Mon May 16, 2011, 09:27am
Official Forum Member

Very likely that he waved him on without knowing the ball was live. I know the announcers usually don't have a clue, but they at least recognized that there was an extra Heat player on the floor, and they knew that that usually leads to a T.
Old Mon May 16, 2011, 11:17am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanicsman View Post
Very likely that he waved him on without knowing the ball was live. I know the announcers usually don't have a clue, but they at least recognized that there was an extra Heat player on the floor, and they knew that that usually leads to a T.
My 5 year old could tell you that much; that's like noticing one team has white jerseys. Captain Obvious and his sidekick, Sergeant Dipstick.

Last edited by Adam; Tue May 17, 2011 at 11:16am.
Old Tue May 17, 2011, 11:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
My 5 year old could tell you that much; that's like noticing one team has white jerseys. Captain Obvious and his sidekick, Sergeant Dipstick.
Wow, Snaqs. Get up on the wrong side of the bed today? I'm not sure our newish visitor deserved such a jab.
Old Tue May 17, 2011, 11:17am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Wow, Snaqs. Get up on the wrong side of the bed today? I'm not sure our newish visitor deserved such a jab.
Sorry, I was referring to the announcers, not the visitor. I changed the post to make it more obvious.
Old Tue May 17, 2011, 02:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Sorry, I was referring to the announcers, not the visitor. I changed the post to make it more obvious.
Good...that did seem a bit out of character for you.
Old Tue May 17, 2011, 02:29pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
But I do know one thing. It makes absolutely no difference what the announcers thought.
All NBE announcers must have a diploma from the Billy Packer School of Broadcasting.
Old Thu May 19, 2011, 05:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
What else are NBA announcers for???
They see a play, get confused, and try to explain (usually incorrectly) to the viewers.