The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average. Display Modes
Old Fri Sep 30, 2011, 09:23am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias View Post
Thank you for your concern, but I'm actually fine.

I'm honestly not as broken up as you might think. It's been pretty obvious for 5 or 6 weeks that the Sox weren't good enough to do much even if they did make the playoffs.

I'm disappointed, obviously, b/c they seemed to be so good for most of the summer. But once injuries kicked in, there was no help for the pitching; and then it seems like everything else fell apart too. We could've gotten nice "Wild Card" t-shirts and then gotten swept by Texas.

Oh well.
Good to hear you're ok, Chuck!

I watched the Sox in Baltimore on Monday... something just wasn't clicking. 90% of the fans were Boston fans and you could tell they were on the edge.

Just several hours away from kicking off the postseason....Go Cardinals!!
Old Sat Oct 01, 2011, 01:49pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Off to a good start with Matt Moore putting in a Ken Dryden-like performance. Just his 4th game and 2nd start. 7 shutout innings. Shields, Hellickson, and Price (if necessary) are next up.
Old Fri Oct 07, 2011, 05:45am
Official Forum Member

Raise your hand if you are glad that both the Red Sox and the Yankees are now out of the playoffs.

Old Fri Oct 07, 2011, 07:14am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Raise your hand if you are glad that both the Red Sox and the Yankees are now out of the playoffs.
Well, I'm not going that far, but seeing ARod whiff for the final out of Detroit's elimination of the Yankees in a Game 5 in Yankee Stadium, I couldn't help but feel that somewhere, Mick, Sparky and Ernie Harwell got together to lift a cold one in celebration.
Old Sat Oct 08, 2011, 04:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post

+1

Go Cardinals!!
Old Sat Oct 08, 2011, 07:40am
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
All four series clinchers were by one run. Tough to see the Rays go down, but their hitting was always going to be a problem.

Nobody will remember the 2011 Rays or the 2011 Yankees. EVERYONE will remember the 2011 Red Sox. Just sayin'.
Old Sat Oct 08, 2011, 01:05pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
None of the REALLY big markets or top nine salaried teams are in the championship series.......just sayin.
Old Sat Oct 08, 2011, 03:29pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Brangelina ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
None of the really big markets or top nine salaried teams are in the championship series, just sayin.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Wed Oct 12, 2011, 09:07am
Official Forum Member

Francona to the broadcast booth (at least for the ALCS). Theo to the Cubbies.
Old Wed Oct 19, 2011, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

Well, there's certainly no interesting baseball news coming out of Boston lately , but tonight is Game 1 of the World Series!! I was hoping for a Texas/Milwaukee series, but I'll be happy enough if the Rangers beat up the Cards. Seems like a looooooooooooong time ago when the Sox swept them in '04; they need another beatdown. Might be good for LaRussa's humility

Will the chat room be open tonight!?!?
Old Wed Oct 19, 2011, 10:44am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Baseball Purists?

Quote:
With two small-market teams involved in the series, you may have as many people in the chat room as are watching on the tv.......

I'm hoping for a lot of high scoring games!
Old Wed Oct 19, 2011, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Well, there's certainly no interesting baseball news coming out of Boston lately , but tonight is Game 1 of the World Series!! I was hoping for a Texas/Milwaukee series, but I'll be happy enough if the Rangers beat up the Cards. Seems like a looooooooooooong time ago when the Sox swept them in '04; they need another beatdown. Might be good for LaRussa's humility

Nothing interesting coming out of Boston??? Really? Rumors of drinking beer in the clubhouse/dugout during a game.
American League MVP. I vote for Granderson.
Old Wed Oct 19, 2011, 08:17pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Gatorade: Is It In You ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoochy View Post
Rumors of drinking beer in the dugout during a game.
Hey. It was in a Gatorade cup. That makes the beer a sports drink. Beer's gotta have some electrolytes. Right?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Oct 20, 2011 at 06:33am.
Old Fri Oct 21, 2011, 08:21am
Official Forum Member

Only the third time ever in World Series play that a team has trailed 1-0 entering the ninth inning and won the game. EVER!!

That's not quite as big a surprise as I originally thought, tho. The first time I saw the stat, I thought it said 3rd team to win after trailing entering the 9th. And I didn't really think that could be right. But trailing specifically by a score of 1-0 entering the 9th. There probably haven't been all that many games that were 1-0 entering the ninth to begin with.

Anyway, Series tied, I'm happy to say. Of teams that won Game 2 to even the Series, 29 of 54 have gone on to win -- but just two of the last seven, the 2002 Angels and the 2009 Yankees. So there's a better than 50% chance of a Texas win!
Old Sun Oct 23, 2011, 03:14pm
Official Forum Member

Nobody wants to say anything about Pujols last night???? 3 HR, 5 hits, 6 RBI all tie the single-game World Series records and his 14 total bases set a new record.

Think that will get him the contract that he's been waiting for?