The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   WARNING!! Annual OT Baseball Thread 2011!! Open at Your Own Risk! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/65996-warning-annual-ot-baseball-thread-2011-open-your-own-risk.html)

ChuckElias Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:02pm

WARNING!! Annual OT Baseball Thread 2011!! Open at Your Own Risk!

We are minutes away from the first pitch of the 2011 baseball season!!! The scariest thing about this season is that it seems like every talking head is picking my Red Sox to win the AL. This is no doubt a media conspiracy to jinx us. The Sox should be better this year, unless Beckett and Lackey fall flat again.

The good news today is that Opening Day actually has day games this year, for a change!!! And they're actually being played in MLB ballparks, instead of in Japan!! If only they'd give Cincinnati the honor of being the first game to start.

JRutledge Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:04pm

When MLB will cut about 4 teams and play about 20 fewer games and start in May, I might care about baseball this early in the year.

Like you heard me say on another forum, "Talk to me in June." :)

Peace

Adam Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 745536)
When MLB will cut about 4 teams and play about 20 fewer games and start in May, I might care about baseball this early in the year.

So if baseball starts in May, you'll start caring on March 31? :confused:

Welpe Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 745536)

Like you heard me say on another forum, "Talk to me in June." :)

Peace

Fair weather fan. :p

I've been waiting for this day since November, can my Giants repeat? Probably not but it will be a fun ride along the way!

26 Year Gap Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:38pm

We'll see how the Rays' bullpen shakes out. Still a solid rotation. Especially, if they can foist Shields on someone.

Rich Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:40pm

Opening day is tomorrow. At least that's when the Phillies (and my new Cliff Lee jersey) will debut.

26 Year Gap Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 745555)
Opening day is tomorrow. At least that's when the Phillies (and my new Cliff Lee jersey) will debut.

Thought you had a game today.

stiffler3492 Thu Mar 31, 2011 01:02pm

Go Cubs Go!

I hate it when I hear people pick the Cubs to do well....I was actually looking forward to having no expectations for them this year.

Jurassic Referee Thu Mar 31, 2011 01:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiffler3492 (Post 745565)

I hate it when I hear people pick the Cubs to do well....I was actually looking forward to having no expectations for them this year.

The only people that picked the Cubs to do well live in a room with rubber walls. And you will be rightly rewarded for your expectations when the Cubbies are eliminated from Wild Card consideration....which should be somewhere around next Wednesday.

rockyroad Thu Mar 31, 2011 01:22pm

I can honestly say that I have heard no one - not even a member of their own organization - pick my M's to do well this season. So I don't have to worry about any jinxes...just worry about another 100+ loss season.:mad:

Rich Thu Mar 31, 2011 01:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 745556)
Thought you had a game today.

*I* do. The Phillies don't.

Jurassic Referee Thu Mar 31, 2011 01:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias (Post 745535)
The Sox should be better this year, unless Beckett and Lackey fall flat again.

You've got more problems than Beckett or Lackey, even though you have full right to worry about both of 'em. Papelbon doesn't scare anyone anymore and Ozzy Guillen has a hit out on Bobby Jenks. It's just a matter of time with Jenks until Oz has his pitching arm broken. Add in Dice K who has become an annual question mark and you could have some real problems.

On the bright side though, it looks like Big Papi has found a new pharmacist who is doing a great job with him.

Is J.D. Drew on the DL yet?

Jurassic Referee Thu Mar 31, 2011 01:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 745569)
I can honestly say that I have heard no one - not even a member of their own organization - pick my M's to do well this season.

This season? :confused:

rockyroad Thu Mar 31, 2011 01:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 745573)
This season? :confused:

Shut up, Hackensack Boy.:p

mbyron Thu Mar 31, 2011 02:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 745553)
We'll see how the Rays' bullpen shakes out. Still a solid rotation. Especially, if they can foist Shields on someone.

For the cost of the Rays' entire rotation, you could get A-Rod for about 80 games. ;)