The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average. Display Modes
Old Wed May 25, 2011, 09:39pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Sox finally do some real damage against Cleveland today, winning big to stay a half game back, behind the Yankees, who also won. No division leader is really building too much of a lead at this point.

Pujols finally hit a home run, but then didn't want to talk to anybody about it. What's up with that?

And what is going on with the Twins???? 16-32? They supposedly got healthy and were supposed to be the favorites in the division. But they have to be done at this point.
Old Wed May 25, 2011, 09:55pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
But, at least the Lightning won.
Old Thu May 26, 2011, 06:54am
Esteemed Forum Member

Hotbed Of Ice Hockey ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
All those kids who grew up playing hockey on the ice covered ponds of Tampa Bay must be very excited.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Thu May 26, 2011, 08:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
(Looking through the archives. . . Oh, here we go. . . Dust it off. . .)

Shut up.
Old Thu May 26, 2011, 08:45am
Archaic Power Monger

Well...the Sharks are out after what was probably a fitting end to their season with a serious garbage goal for Vancouver. In better news, the Aeros are on their way to the Calder Cup finals against the Binghamton Senators. I'm going to Game 1 Friday Night.

(What this means is that soon, I'll stop hijacking this thread to talk about hockey. Not sure that Gapper can promise the same though...)
Old Thu May 26, 2011, 09:24am
Keeper of the HAMMER

So is this the thread where a fella can come look for baseball news?
Old Fri May 27, 2011, 08:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
So is this the thread where a fella can come look for baseball news?
Is back-to-back games with 14 runs scored by the Sox enough baseball for ya??
Old Fri May 27, 2011, 08:59am
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Guess I am going with the Dirkster. As much as I don't care for Cuban, Rick Carlisle played at UMaine, even if it was only his freshman year, so that outweighs it for me.
Old Sat May 28, 2011, 07:05am
Official Forum Member

After an absolutely abysmal start, the Red Sox are in first place for the first time this season, after beating the Tigers again last night (sorry, Mick ) despite Papelbon once again giving up a run in the 9th.
Old Sat Jun 04, 2011, 08:11am
Official Forum Member

Hmmm, I seem to be the only one still checking on this thread. I'm just happy the Sox finally won one last night, after getting down 4-0 in the 1st inning. Still a game behind the Yankees ( who lost to the Los Angeles California Angels of Anaheim).

I'm surprised that the Indians haven't generated more posts. They have the best record in the AL, and are only one win behind the best record in the majors. They have the biggest divisional lead at this point, despite getting crushed by Texas last night.

Even DJ's Mariners are only a game an a half out in the West. It's been a pretty interesting season so far. Even without a single comment about the phrase "ARod's steroid mule. . ."
Old Sat Jun 04, 2011, 12:09pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias View Post
Hmmm, I seem to be the only one still checking on this thread.
Mr. Elias, Sir,

I "check" on the thread often. However, unfortunately, I live in N VA and with both the O's and Nats in last place, I seldom have much to brag/talk about.

Although, the Nats did win three in a row this week - two against the Phils. We've got good pitching and very little hitting. If Werth settles in, Zimmerman comes back, and Morse and Espinosa continue to develop we could actually have a nice, young nucleus. Then when "our boy" Bryce Harper comes up (hitting .430 in the minors) and hopefully Strassburg can be part of his former self, we may actually be competitive. But, until then, I'll reserve comment on my home team!

Good part is, I can get tix to either team as a walk-up anytime!
Old Sat Jun 04, 2011, 05:51pm
Official Forum Member

Varitek and Pap both ejected during a wild 9th inning meltdown by the Sox today.
Old Sat Jun 04, 2011, 06:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Varitek and Pap both ejected during a wild 9th inning meltdown by the Sox today.
Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | OAK@BOS: Varitek, Papelbon get tossed in the ninth - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Sun Jun 05, 2011, 12:31am
Official Forum Member

Albert the Great

Hopefully, Mr Pujols has turned the corner on his season with his 2 HRs last night. The second one was a walk off shot in the bottom of the 12th to beat (wait for it) ---------- the Cubbies!!!!!!!!
Old Sun Jun 05, 2011, 04:23pm
Official Forum Member

He just did it again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcubed48 View Post
Hopefully, Mr Pujols has turned the corner on his season with his 2 HRs last night. The second one was a walk off shot in the bottom of the 12th to beat (wait for it) ---------- the Cubbies!!!!!!!!
Today it was a 9th inning walk off HR to beat the Cubbies and to complete the weekend sweep!!!