The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 18, 2011, 04:01pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Officials forfeit a team, then forfeit another team

Rare double disqualification leaves national event without champion - Prep Rally - High SchoolBlog - Yahoo! Sports

I won't post any text because it will get deleted.

I also don't see any need to say "Christian schools are the worst". Everyone is human and has to deal with rising tempers.

Basically, players from both teams left the bench and neither team was able to field anyone to complete the game.
Old Fri Mar 18, 2011, 08:29pm
Official Forum Member

Church Basketball -- The Brawl that begins with prayer!!
Old Fri Mar 18, 2011, 11:30pm
Back from the DL

Wait a minute...

Quote:
Because all the players who ran on to the court were disqualified for doing so, neither team could field a team after the incident, leaving referees and the NCSAA no choice but to rule the game as a rare double disqualification.
Let's say both benches empty. That make flagrant technical fouls for all bench personnel, but that still leaves five players for each side. What am I missing?
Old Sat Mar 19, 2011, 03:16am
Official Forum Member

Cat Fight !! ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
Wait a minute...

Let's say both benches empty. That make flagrant technical fouls for all bench personnel, but that still leaves five players for each side. What am I missing?
The article mentioned a brawl (albeit a tame one) broke out. That would mean all players and all subs were DQ'ed for fighting. Could that be the answer?
Old Sat Mar 19, 2011, 12:23pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Connecticut Football Double Forfeit ...

Watch video from football brawl that forced team to forfeit its win in North Branford - The Middletown Press : Serving Middletown, CT

In Connecticut, an ejection leads to a one game suspension. If memory serves me correctly, one team did not have enough eligible players to field a team for the next game, leading to an additional forfeited game. I believe that the other team had enough junior varsity, and freshman, players to field a team for the next game, but I could be wrong.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sat Mar 19, 2011, 01:01pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
Wait a minute...

If the 5 on the court participated in the fight, they're done, too. But you knew that.
Old Sat Mar 19, 2011, 05:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes View Post
Church Basketball -- The Brawl that begins with prayer!!
Having just completed working the Mid Atlantic HomeSchool Tournament, you may have a point!! I apparently had the "easier" court as I only had 4 "T's" and 2 intentional foul calls, in one day! Off the top of my head, on the same day, there were 3 coaches ejected, 2 assistant coaches ejected, 3 players and 6 - 8 fans. BUT it did give me a bunch of funny experiences.
One parent came up to me during a TO and wanted to know if he could ask my partner a question, I said "No". He then wanted to know if he could ask me a question. I said "No" and kept walking. The ony down side was I didnt have a camera to get a picture of the expression on his face. It really was priceless.
Old Sun Mar 20, 2011, 05:40am
Administrator

Men's Church Recreational Basketball League.

For those of you who do not know, my lovely wife and I lived in Glendale, California, the first two years we were married (1982-84, and I was a member of the San Grabiel Valley Unit of the Southern California Basketball Officials Association, which is now part of the California Basketball Officials Association).

Men's recreational league basketball is almost a year round in California, and one Saturday afternoon, one of my officiating friends wanted to know if I wanted to make an easy $45 officiating three-one hour games the next afternoon in men's church leage. Considering the fact that back then the going rate for game fees for men's recreational league basketball was $8 per game, I said of course.

I soon found out why this league paid $15 per game. A prayer was said before each game and as soon as the ball left the R's hand game beginning jump ball the fun, , began. To this day I remember that I called 15 TFs over the course of the afternoon, and I probably could have called more. It was an absolute zoo.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio