The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 15, 2011, 06:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio View Post
I am not sure any of us have the right to criticize an official with Tim's resume. We should be supportive of our fraternity.

Remember - We get all our calls right from the stands.
Just because an official has been at it a long time doesn't mean he's immune to criticism...especially on a blown call this bad.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Tue Mar 15, 2011, 07:14pm
Do not give a damn!!

I have no problem with the criticism, I just do not like the way we all are critical. This should be a learning situation for all of us. Do not assume anything and unfortunately I think this official did. He is not the only one that made such a mistake and certainly will not be the last one for sure.

Peace
Old Tue Mar 15, 2011, 09:07pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I have no problem with the criticism, I just do not like the way we all are critical. This should be a learning situation for all of us. Do not assume anything and unfortunately I think this official did. He is not the only one that made such a mistake and certainly will not be the last one for sure.

Peace
Agreed. Figure out why he missed it, or what contributed, and strive to avoid it.
Old Tue Mar 15, 2011, 09:16pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Agreed. Figure out why he missed it, or what contributed, and strive to avoid it.
Exactly

Quote:
When the play started (b/c throw-in by Rutgers) Burr was the new lead 94' away in the frontcourt under the basket. In the video shown from St. John's frontcourt you will see him running to get over to the sideline from the paint after the pass is stolen. Higgins is in front of St. John's bench along the sideline...

After St. John's stole the ball it became Burr's line. But Burr was not in position to see the line b/c of how he set up on the initial throw-in. Higgins should have had secondary help on the line...

After St. John's steals the ball Walton starts running towards SJ's frontcourt but takes his eyes off the player and looks at the clock. When he looks back the player is already OOB and in the midst chucking the ball up in the air. I don't think Earl knew what the hell was going on at that point. He's probably thinking "I hope someone blew a whistle"