The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 19, 2011, 01:06pm
Do not give a damn!!

I have no problem supporting a team. We all do that in some capacity as officials and normal. And there is nothing wrong with pointing out behavior that might be seen as unprofessional by a particular official. But when the next leap you make is that the official was screwing your team, then that is too far. This is really the case when you do not really know what the official said or heard any comments. You're assuming what you think based on your bias of the teams involved. Again, this has already been said, but just sad when guys like you do not realize that the very same can be said about you and I am sure you would not like it.

Peace
Old Sat Feb 19, 2011, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

OP I dislike "officials" like you because you get so entrenched in the game you ignore all common sense and become another ignorant fan.

With that said, go f*** yourself <----- thats my opinion
Old Sat Feb 19, 2011, 03:51pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Ref View Post

We did not lose the game. The 2nd half the fouls counts were both over 10.He only called one foul in the whole 2nd half and it was with 3 seconds left in the game. I started this thread because I did not think he represented officials very well and asked for your opinions.
An opinion on what? A play? A scenario? Or our opinion on something that allegedly happened? Based on the way you posted I would definitely not trust your accounting of the game.

Last edited by Raymond; Sun Feb 20, 2011 at 12:46pm.
Old Sat Feb 19, 2011, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Composer

I used to keep my composer. He was a nice enough guy but having to lug that baby grand around was a noteworthy effort and the relationship became flat and went off over the clef.
Old Sat Feb 19, 2011, 08:05pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
My old home team playing in a 3rd round Iowa contest. Foul count 10-0 against our team. During a TO our HC is naturally complaining about the loopsidedness and really kept his composer while doing so. After he turns his back,back to his team,the official backs away. I am very good at reading lips and the cheap bugger said "A__Hole" to the coaches back. I Feel that I should report him,but the other officials did a good job. Also during any dead-ball he was smacking and blowing his gum????? Our team did win by a good margin in the end. As an official,it was very hard to stay in my seat when all around me people were jumping and hollering. He only called one foul on the other team all night when there was only 3 seconds to go.
Quote:
(Since you don't KNOW what he said, and you don't have any PROOF he was biased (as your post certainly suggests), it sounds to me like your a sore loser looking for an excuse as to why the team you were rooting for lost.)

We did not lose the game. The 2nd half the fouls counts were both over 10.He only called one foul in the whole 2nd half and it was with 3 seconds left in the game. I started this thread because I did not think he represented officials very well and asked for your opinions.
Red=fanboy giveaway