View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 18, 2011, 11:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Ref View Post
My old home team playing in a 3rd round Iowa contest. Foul count 10-0 against our team. During a TO our HC is naturally complaining about the loopsidedness and really kept his composer while doing so. After he turns his back,back to his team,the official backs away. I am very good at reading lips and the cheap bugger said "A__Hole" to the coaches back. I Feel that I should report him,but the other officials did a good job. Also during any dead-ball he was smacking and blowing his gum????? Our team did win by a good margin in the end. As an official,it was very hard to stay in my seat when all around me people were jumping and hollering. He only called one foul on the other team all night when there was only 3 seconds to go.
Lots of superfluous stuff here.

Would I report an official for saying an expletive behind a coach's back? Probably not. Report an official for blowing gum? Not if I wasn't working the game and even then, I might just give a friendly suggestion. Believe me, if the assignor cares, he'll be found out sooner or later. Not to say it looks professional but it's not my place IMO to say anything.

And what does it matter that he called one foul on the other team? I know it's rare, but sometimes, that's the way the dice rolls. To say anything would be questioning his integrity. I'm not going down that road.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.