The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 12, 2011, 10:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
First of all, communicate. Know the direction and team color after every single time out and intermission, and communicate it with your partner(s).

More importantly, know the damn rules! How can varsity officials not know that you can't correct throw-in errors such as these?! To miss a call or two is one thing. To have a principal pull out the book and school you on the rules is inexcusable.
Unfortunately I don't find this situation all that hard to believe. I can see it happening quite easily in a high school game.
Old Sun Feb 13, 2011, 12:28am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to agr8zebra
I have been emailing the writer, she spoke with our Association Dude and I am asking her about her conversation with our Assoc. Dude. I asked her to clarify something, once I get that clarification I will post some more on this.

From the comments of the Article I have learned, It wasn't a principal who went to the table with the rule book but an Official from the Green River Area, who happened to be at the game with a rule book in his car. Thus the time span from the error in the 3rd Qtr to presenting of the Rule Book at the start of the 4th Qtr, the guy had to go to the car.

I sure wouldn't want to work with this Official, he might be over talking to coaches while I am administering FT's and saying about me that I don't know what and do or something like that.

The only thing I have ever done to help correct and error was at a State Playoff game where the table had the Possession Arrow pointing the wrong direction, BTW this hurt my home school as they would have gotten the ball had I not brought this to the attention of my buddies working the game.

After all that is said and done, more is said than done
Old Sun Feb 13, 2011, 08:20am
Keeper of the HAMMER

If an official whom I don't know were to bring me a rule book during the game, he could finish reading it from his car.

"Bye bye azzhole."

Understandable why this jerk wasn't working that night, and instead drove to an away game that took hours to drive.
Old Sun Feb 13, 2011, 08:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Love the "leads to Green River victory" part of the headline. As if a 3 point shot in the third quarter is that big of a deal.
Exactly my thought.

Losing coach is reported to have said: "I can't say we lost on that one call, we can always do things better, but it was a momentum swing and I'm disappointed in how it was handled."

That seems a (surprisingly) fair statement to me.
Old Sun Feb 13, 2011, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
Exactly my thought.

Losing coach is reported to have said: "I can't say we lost on that one call, we can always do things better, but it was a momentum swing and I'm disappointed in how it was handled."

That seems a (surprisingly) fair statement to me.
And they blew a 19-point lead! Yeah, could have done things a little better....