The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 08, 2011, 11:43am
Official Forum Member

Above the Rim Play

Not sure about your areas, but where I ref there seems to be a decline of around the rim play. I have only seen a few dunks in games, I think I have had 2 goaltends and maybe 2 Basket Interference this year. Usually I am double that. I was thinking and I think that over the last 5 years above the rim play has seriously declined (at least in my area) I was wondering if you all were experiencing the same thing.
Old Tue Feb 08, 2011, 11:48am
This IS My Social Life

Depends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIAA REF View Post
Not sure about your areas, but where I ref there seems to be a decline of around the rim play. I have only seen a few dunks in games, I think I have had 2 goaltends and maybe 2 Basket Interference this year. Usually I am double that. I was thinking and I think that over the last 5 years above the rim play has seriously declined (at least in my area) I was wondering if you all were experiencing the same thing.
Boys' or Girls'?
Boys' around the rim play has decreased slightly around here across the lake from Rut. Girls' incidence of same has remained somewhat stable.
Old Tue Feb 08, 2011, 11:58am
Do not give a damn!!

It seems the same if not more. And I certainly have not had a lot of BI or GT in a year, but you do see dunks and players that are up there for sure. But it is usually based on the kinds of teams I am seeing. There are certain places that I will be and it is guaranteed I will see players up there all the time. And other places I am lucky if I see a single player that can touch the rim. Maybe you just are working at one type of area more than others. But I cannot say I have seen fewer rim play overall.

Peace