The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 06, 2011, 07:41am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up Postseason Assignments

Here the playoffs start next week.

I have one more GV Game (district playoff) Tuesday, I'll be either shot clock or crowd control/security for it.

I am also on standby to work 1st Round State Championship Games at the end of the month.

In March, I'm gonna have the opportunity to assist in the operation of local community college championships. Concerning what I'll be doing there I have no idea as of yet. (It is this tournament, that got the NFHS vs. NCAA Thread going that I started)

What does everyone else's postseason schedule look like?
Old Sun Feb 06, 2011, 08:22am
Official Forum Member

Just a word of caution concerning the transition from HS to college ball: Coaches usually get a little more leeway at the college level before getting tazed. That is all.
Old Sun Feb 06, 2011, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post
What does everyone else's postseason schedule look like?
My schedule looks like a set of squares on a piece of paper. About 4 rows (soemtimes 5), and seven columns per row. Each square has a little number in in -- starting with 1 and going up to 28, 30 or 31. In each square, there's also the name of a school, and a time. Some squares have two entries.

Thanks for asking.
Old Sun Feb 06, 2011, 10:39am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Mine looks a lot like it did durinig the season.

Empty.
Old Sun Feb 06, 2011, 11:22am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Bwahahaha - saw this coming....

Rec Ball = Good

HS = I'm not there yet
Old Sun Feb 06, 2011, 01:25pm
certified Hot Mom tester

One of the big "competitive" kids leagues has their season-ending girls tournament on March 4th and 5th. Gee - I hope I get the 5th grade games.

Our local kids rec league has it's tournament on March 11th and 12th. Since it's "pure" rec, all teams from 3rd grade thru HS get the same number of games - we just rotate teams based on results. I'll get BV games on the 11th (all HS games are that night) and B7 & B8 on the 12th, probably four games. The kids love ending the season this way.

Oh yeah, we also have our referee pizza party on the 12th. Hope I have enough time to go home and take a shower first. Actually, the other refs hope that.
Old Sun Feb 06, 2011, 04:48pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Hopefully, I'll Also Get An Early Round League Post Season Game ???

I've got a Catholic middle school "junior varsity" (sixth graders) post season assignment. Otherwise, I plan, as usual, on observing a lot of my buddies work post season games. We get an identification card from the state interscholastic sports governing body that get us into all post season games for free.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Feb 06, 2011, 05:41pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to jalons
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
We get an identification card from the state interscholastic sports governing body that get us into all post season games for free.
That would be nice. If we want to watch and learn from "the best," we have to pay $5, $6, or $8 during the boys and $5 or $8 for the girls post-season tournament (HS).
Old Sun Feb 06, 2011, 06:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggravy View Post
Just a word of caution concerning the transition from HS to college ball: Coaches usually get a little more leeway at the college level before getting tazed. That is all.
LMAO Since not licensed to carry anything, won't have to worry about the taser.
Old Sun Feb 06, 2011, 07:08pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I've got a competitive Catholic middle school "junior varsity" (sixth graders) post season assignment.
Fixed it for ya.
Old Sun Feb 06, 2011, 07:15pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Of Course ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Competitive?
They have a post season.

If the team keeps winning games for a few weeks they can be the Deanery, State, or New England Catholic Middle School Junior Varsity Champions.

So what do you think?

(Yes. I do think that it's a little too much for sixth graders, but at least they don't have a parade, and get diamond rings.)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Feb 06, 2011, 08:12pm
Official Forum Member

The rewards for being ALMOST one of the best association officials, is I might get 1 game as I have 5 other years, but I get most of the championship church league games.

It's all good. Play offs 3 weeks away.
Old Sun Feb 06, 2011, 08:22pm
Official Forum Member

I was asked to do the "Championship" game of our churches UpWard basketball league. I didn't even know they HAD championship games there. Alas, I have another basketball commitment that same day so I while appreciated I had to pass.
Old Mon Feb 07, 2011, 12:28am
Official Forum Member

I will be done on Thursday.It will be the first time that either team from my school has not reached postseason.The boys varsity last failed to qualify when Gerald Ford was in the White House.
Old Mon Feb 07, 2011, 05:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
My schedule looks like a set of squares on a piece of paper. About 4 rows (soemtimes 5), and seven columns per row. Each square has a little number in in -- starting with 1 and going up to 28, 30 or 31. In each square, there's also the name of a school, and a time. Some squares have two entries.

Thanks for asking.
Can I nominate this post as the post of the day?