The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Postseason Assignments (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/61874-postseason-assignments.html)

chseagle Sun Feb 06, 2011 07:41am

Postseason Assignments

Here the playoffs start next week.

I have one more GV Game (district playoff) Tuesday, I'll be either shot clock or crowd control/security for it.

I am also on standby to work 1st Round State Championship Games at the end of the month.

In March, I'm gonna have the opportunity to assist in the operation of local community college championships. Concerning what I'll be doing there I have no idea as of yet. (It is this tournament, that got the NFHS vs. NCAA Thread going that I started)

What does everyone else's postseason schedule look like?

biggravy Sun Feb 06, 2011 08:22am

Just a word of caution concerning the transition from HS to college ball: Coaches usually get a little more leeway at the college level before getting tazed. That is all.

bob jenkins Sun Feb 06, 2011 09:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by chseagle (Post 726683)
What does everyone else's postseason schedule look like?

My schedule looks like a set of squares on a piece of paper. About 4 rows (soemtimes 5), and seven columns per row. Each square has a little number in in -- starting with 1 and going up to 28, 30 or 31. In each square, there's also the name of a school, and a time. Some squares have two entries.

Thanks for asking.

Adam Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:39am

Mine looks a lot like it did durinig the season.

Empty.

grunewar Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:22am

Bwahahaha - saw this coming....

Rec Ball = Good :)

HS = I'm not there yet :(

Mark Padgett Sun Feb 06, 2011 01:25pm

One of the big "competitive" kids leagues has their season-ending girls tournament on March 4th and 5th. Gee - I hope I get the 5th grade games. :rolleyes:

Our local kids rec league has it's tournament on March 11th and 12th. Since it's "pure" rec, all teams from 3rd grade thru HS get the same number of games - we just rotate teams based on results. I'll get BV games on the 11th (all HS games are that night) and B7 & B8 on the 12th, probably four games. The kids love ending the season this way.

Oh yeah, we also have our referee pizza party on the 12th. Hope I have enough time to go home and take a shower first. Actually, the other refs hope that. :D

BillyMac Sun Feb 06, 2011 04:48pm

Hopefully, I'll Also Get An Early Round League Post Season Game ???

I've got a Catholic middle school "junior varsity" (sixth graders) post season assignment. Otherwise, I plan, as usual, on observing a lot of my buddies work post season games. We get an identification card from the state interscholastic sports governing body that get us into all post season games for free.

jalons Sun Feb 06, 2011 05:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 726863)
We get an identification card from the state interscholastic sports governing body that get us into all post season games for free.

That would be nice. If we want to watch and learn from "the best," we have to pay $5, $6, or $8 during the boys and $5 or $8 for the girls post-season tournament (HS).

chseagle Sun Feb 06, 2011 06:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggravy (Post 726689)
Just a word of caution concerning the transition from HS to college ball: Coaches usually get a little more leeway at the college level before getting tazed. That is all.

LMAO Since not licensed to carry anything, won't have to worry about the taser.

grunewar Sun Feb 06, 2011 07:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 726863)
I've got a competitive Catholic middle school "junior varsity" (sixth graders) post season assignment.

Fixed it for ya. ;)

BillyMac Sun Feb 06, 2011 07:15pm

Of Course ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 726915)
Competitive?

They have a post season.

If the team keeps winning games for a few weeks they can be the Deanery, State, or New England Catholic Middle School Junior Varsity Champions.

So what do you think?

(Yes. I do think that it's a little too much for sixth graders, but at least they don't have a parade, and get diamond rings.)

Terrapins Fan Sun Feb 06, 2011 08:12pm

The rewards for being ALMOST one of the best association officials, is I might get 1 game as I have 5 other years, but I get most of the championship church league games.

It's all good. Play offs 3 weeks away.

Judtech Sun Feb 06, 2011 08:22pm

I was asked to do the "Championship" game of our churches UpWard basketball league. I didn't even know they HAD championship games there. Alas, I have another basketball commitment that same day so I while appreciated I had to pass.

SCalScoreKeeper Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:28am

I will be done on Thursday.It will be the first time that either team from my school has not reached postseason.The boys varsity last failed to qualify when Gerald Ford was in the White House.

chseagle Mon Feb 07, 2011 05:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 726716)
My schedule looks like a set of squares on a piece of paper. About 4 rows (soemtimes 5), and seven columns per row. Each square has a little number in in -- starting with 1 and going up to 28, 30 or 31. In each square, there's also the name of a school, and a time. Some squares have two entries.

Thanks for asking.

Can I nominate this post as the post of the day?