The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should UConn's Win Streak be counted all-around or just for Women?
Separate record for win streak 10 100.00%
Combined Men's/Women's 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 24, 2010, 03:30am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrance "TJ" View Post
I was going to comment, state my position and other such information and opinion. But I can't deal with the under lying subtle and/or b;atant sexiam in this post. So I'll leave you all to this discussion.
Are you saying it is sexist not to enjoy, like or have any interest in woman's basketball?

Peace
Old Fri Dec 24, 2010, 03:50am
Official Forum Member

Not at all. And I will freely talk about the physical differences between the two physiques of men and women athletes and their respective sports. I was referring to the spellings and slight under ahnded jokes. Which you are all free to do, I'm just deciding to with hold my own opinion on this matter.
Old Fri Dec 24, 2010, 06:49am
In Memoriam

Quote:
I was referring to the spellings and slight under ahnded jokes. Which you are all free to do, I'm just deciding to with hold my own opinion on this matter.
Oooooooooo........K.

Btw most of my jokes about wimmen are heavy-handed, not slight. They OK with you? Or is that b;atant sexiam also?

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Fri Dec 24, 2010 at 06:52am.
Old Fri Dec 24, 2010, 09:36am
Official & Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
... They OK with you? Or is that b;atant sexiam also?...
As someone who has witnessed the horror of b;atant sexiam, I can tell you it is neither b;atant, nor sexiam.

Last edited by Bad Zebra; Fri Dec 24, 2010 at 10:54am.
Old Fri Dec 24, 2010, 10:25am
Esteemed Forum Member

Subtle ??? On The Forum ???

Quote:
I was referring to the spellings and slight under handed jokes.
Let's break out the blue font, or use the Roll Eyes Smilie.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Fri Dec 24, 2010, 10:33am
Esteemed Forum Member

Middle School Health Class 101 ...

Quote:
I will freely talk about the physical differences between the two physiques of men and women.
OK. Now you have my attention. Go on ...

(I know. I'm being juvenile. But I've got today off from work, and I'm going to enjoy it. You'll only have to deal with me for a few more hours. My kids, and their spouses/future spouses, will be coming over soon, we'll go to early mass tonight, go out for some Chinese food, and take in a movie, probably True Grit. Except for the going to mass part, my Jewish friends sometimes think I'm Jewish)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Old Fri Dec 24, 2010, 12:25pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
I was going to comment, state my position and other such information and opinion. But I can't deal with the under lying subtle and/or b;atant sexiam in this post. So I'll leave you all to this discussion.
Quote:
Not at all. And I will freely talk about the physical differences between the two physiques of men and women athletes and their respective sports. I was referring to the spellings and slight under ahnded jokes. Which you are all free to do, I'm just deciding to with hold my own opinion on this matter.
This is perhaps the most passive aggressive thing I've seen on this board.

You obviously want to share and you want attention, so share away. If you're going to accuse us of sexism for this discussion, please do it and move on. Usually such an accusation would be accompanied by a quote of an actual post.

If you're referring to JR's spelling "errors," I'm sure you recognize that he's not the one who came up with that particular mispelling.

Last edited by Adam; Fri Dec 24, 2010 at 12:30pm.
Old Fri Dec 24, 2010, 12:28pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
OK. Now you have my attention. Go on ...

(I know. I'm being juvenile. But I've got today off from work, and I'm going to enjoy it. You'll only have to deal with me for a few more hours. My kids, and their spouses/future spouses, will be coming over soon, we'll go to early mass tonight, go out for some Chinese food, and take in a movie, probably True Grit. Except for the going to mass part, my Jewish friends sometimes think I'm Jewish)
Watch out for smiling ducks.
Old Fri Dec 24, 2010, 01:09pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
If you're going to accuse us of sexism for this discussion, please do it and move on. Usually such an accusation would be accompanied by a quote of an actual post.

If you're referring to JR's spelling "errors," I'm sure you recognize that he's not the one who came up with that particular mispelling.
I certainly hope that everyone notes what Wikipedia said about us forward-thinking, caring and tolerant individuals who use the term "wimmen". It states that: "Writers who use the alternate spellings see them as as an expression of female independance and a repudiation of traditions that defines females by a reference to a male."

I also certainly hope that any wimmen who may have made the past mistake of taking me to task for supposedly exhibiting anti-wimmen behavior while I was actually championing their cause immediately (if not sooner) send me a written apology of no fewer than 500 words. And maybe a pair of their used panties (I may want to coach the NY Jets someday).

All of you wimmen that thought I was just your average ol' male sexist douchebag (whilst still having shapely buttocks though) oughta be ashamed of yourselves! I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore.

Wimmens Lib is my life!
Old Fri Dec 24, 2010, 01:17pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
I certainly hope that everyone notes what Wikipedia said about us forward-thinking, caring and tolerant individuals who use the term "wimmen". It states that: "Writers who use the alternate spellings see them as as an expression of female independance and a repudiation of traditions that defines females by a reference to a male."

I also certainly hope that any wimmen who may have made the past mistake of taking me to task for supposedly exhibiting anti-wimmen behavior while I was actually championing their cause immediately (if not sooner) send me a written apology of no fewer than 500 words. And maybe a pair of their used panties (I may want to coach the NY Jets someday).

All of you wimmen that thought I was just your average ol' male sexist douchebag (whilst still having shapely buttocks though) oughta be ashamed of yourselves! I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore.

Wimmens Lib is my life!
Are you a wikipedia editor? Just sayin'.
Old Fri Dec 24, 2010, 01:27pm
Archaic Power Monger

An urgent appeal from JR, Wikipedia editor and women's lib champion.
Old Fri Dec 24, 2010, 01:35pm
Esteemed Forum Member

"I'm also married to a supermodel." (Rex Ryan), A Foot Model ???

Quote:
A pair of their used panties, I may want to coach the NY Jets someday.
In that case you should have asked for a pair of used stockings.

Old Fri Dec 24, 2010, 03:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post
BYU-Hawaii is an affiliate campus of BYU (or BYU-Provo), there's also BYU-Idaho (used to be Ricks College). Each campus has it's own admissions & administrative departments as well as athletics programs.

There's also BYU-Salt Lake, which is a branch campus of BYU-Provo. There's also BYU-Nauvoo & BYU-Jerusalem (neither has athletics, mainly theological studies) which are travel study programs (1-2 semesters).

BYU-Idaho has only intramural athletics, however when still as Ricks College they had one of the best JC Football programs in the nation, as well as being the largest JC in the US. As Ricks became BYU-Idaho, the athletics program changed to intramural by result of the LDS Church First Presidency in order to not create a conflict with BYU-Provo Athletics with the 2 being 5 hours apart.
You forgot BYU - Near East on Mt Scopus. I know that their 7 game men's basketball streak was broken back in 93!
Old Fri Dec 24, 2010, 03:39pm
Official Forum Member

I think this thread has pretty much ended.

Congrats to UConn on seting whatever record(s) any individual chooses to recognize.
Closed Thread