The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 20, 2010, 10:00pm
Official Forum Member

Historic Game

I mentioned in an earlier thread about a local girls team that has lost over 80 games in a row. Actually, there is some discrepancy between 71 and 89, but no one wants to look!
At any rate, the crowd was revved up. Both teams had this date circled as their "Sure Win" game of the year. Well, the streak was BROKEN tonite!! And I had the priviledge of working the game. Obviously the quality of the game was not great, but the raw emotions of the girls and their parents was just flat out great to be a part of. While I did feel sorry for the losing team, it was neat to see the winning team jump up and down and the parents rush the floor at the buzzer. Fortunately, there was no gatorade shower for the coach!!
What was also funny was the local sports guy was there and we got to talking after the game. About 3 years ago, he was filming a game that I was working where a COLLEGE team snapped their 70+ game losing streak!! We got a good chuckle out of that and said "If your team has lost 70+ games, then I am the ref you should call!!!" He asked if I was working the UCONN game tomorrow and I laughed and said "No, they have a WIN streak, I wouldn't want to mess that up!"