Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 23, 2010, 04:12am
I got a Basketball Jones!

Headed for a cold shower

Just got an email from NFHS
+++++++++++
As a member of the NFHS Officials Association you have an opportunity to participate in our rules questionnaire. This questionnaire is provided so that the opinions of our members and state associations will be considered by the NFHS Rules Committee.
THE FALL SEASON QUESTIONNAIRES WILL END ON 12/3/2010
Please follow the link below to participate in the process.
Link: http://www.nfhs.org/content.aspx?id=3844

++++++++++++++
Couldn't find any basketball stuff so I followed the Spirit link cause I was kinda thirsty. You woudn't believe the kind of holy heck they deal with. Here is just the first page and I am sure I failed
And such language, mind you. Inverted flyers, side mounted somesuchthing, suspended splits!!!
I thought I had cracked open the Kama Sutra unabridged version

And the absolute most lurid one of all, not making this stuff up, shades of Amsterdam...

the release must be a continuous, vertical up-and-down movement in which the flyer remains over the base

++++++++++++++
1. Adding an exception to Rule 2-6-7 that allows 1¼ twists from side-facing stunts.

2. 2. In Rule 2-8-14, defining suspended splits involving bracer(s) that originate at any height and dropping to any level as legal provided all the following conditions are met:
a. The flyer has both hands in contact with the bracer(s).
b. The flyer does not become inverted.
c. The flyer has at least two bases.
d. The flyer and bracer(s) each have a separate spotter. Exception: Bracers in shoulder sits or thigh stands.
e. In suspended splits when the flyer is not released by the bases, the bracer(s) must maintain hand/arm contact with the flyer until she/he is no longer in a split position.
f. In suspended splits when the flyer is released by the bases, the release must be a continuous, vertical up-and-down movement in which the flyer remains over the base(s). The bracers must maintain hand/arm contact with the flyer during the entire loss of contact with the bases. (NOTE: See 2-12-1)

3. Adding an exception to Rule 3-1-6 stating that dance paws and pedini-style dance shoes that have heels of sufficient height to raise the bottom of the foot off the floor.

4. 4. Adding new Rule 3-7 section concerning Assisted Inverted Floor Stunts that states that assisted inverted floor stunts are legal provided both the following conditions are met:
a. The inverted participant is in direct, weight-bearing contact with the performing surface and provides primary self-support throughout the stunt.
b. The assisting non-inverted participant is in direct, weight-bearing contact with the performing surface and provides only partial support for the inverted participant.

Old Tue Nov 23, 2010, 05:16am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Gonna branch out into a new area/sport Rick?
Old Tue Nov 23, 2010, 05:55am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Gonna branch out into a new area/sport Rick?
It didn't seem so bad, really. Nothing about camels and their toes in that at all. That must be in the volleyball survey.
Old Tue Nov 23, 2010, 11:17am
Official & Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
It didn't seem so bad, really. Nothing about camels and their toes in that at all. That must be in the volleyball survey.
LOL...glad I didn't have a mouth full of soda when I read that.