The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Soccer
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 25, 2008, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

Wet & Cold

So, has it been as wet and cold where you are as it has been here? Two HSG tourneys cancelled and have been really really cold in the 3 games I've had. I'm slow enough warm weather. Get those knees and muscles cold and I slow down even more. RR
Old Fri Mar 28, 2008, 01:22pm
Official Forum Member

i haven't seen an assignment day much above 50. some were in the 30's with high winds. but soon it will be, "why can't it be 75 out?!."
Old Sun Mar 30, 2008, 07:53pm
Official Forum Member

I have my first game the 7th of April and it has been too cool here (WIS)as well. Snow last weekend and it is still on the field in a few spots. I don't care I'm using gloves if it doesn't get warm!
Old Mon Mar 31, 2008, 08:05pm
Official Forum Member

Another cancellation tonight. After 2 or 3 30 minute delays because of lightning they rescheduled. It was raining steady and the field was soaked so it's probably best tht we didn't play anyway. I've had nothing but really cold games or rain outs all season. I'm ready to sweat!!!!
Old Thu Apr 03, 2008, 01:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerBear
I have my first game the 7th of April and it has been too cool here (WIS)as well. Snow last weekend and it is still on the field in a few spots. I don't care I'm using gloves if it doesn't get warm!
Sounds like a typical WI soccer season. Back in the 70's, in the Fond du Lac - Green Bay area (soccer then was run by Hollanders), a scheduled match was a match played. Soccer had two seasons, spring & fall. Rain, sleet, snow, frozen turf and a snow covered pitch was not a deterent; thunder storms, the match was played between lightening flashes. As a referee the only acceptable dress was black short sleeves & shorts, gloves were not part of the uniform. I did't know that long sleeve jerseys were available until I transfered to Flordia were the game was governed by English transplants. Not that I mind but players & refs are getting soft.
Old Fri Apr 11, 2008, 06:21pm
Official Forum Member

Great week! I had five games scheduled and reffed 1. The last four were cancelled due to standing water on the fields . Now I have to hope for resched.