The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Wed Nov 10, 2010, 03:12pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 702
Headband/Wristband

Is the number of the player allowed on their Headband or Wristband? If so, then would the number follow the same restriction as logo's.
Is the school name (Notre Dame or Fighting Irish) allowed on the headband?
This question is for NFHS rules.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Wed Nov 10, 2010, 03:19pm
Adam's Avatar
Keeper of the HAMMER
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: MST
Posts: 27,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoochy View Post
Is the number of the player allowed on their Headband or Wristband? If so, then would the number follow the same restriction as logo's.
Is the school name (Notre Dame or Fighting Irish) allowed on the headband?
This question is for NFHS rules.
What are the allowed markings?
__________________
Sprinkles are for winners.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Wed Nov 10, 2010, 03:23pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 153
According to the rule book 3-6-1 no numbers. Only manufacturers logo/trademark/reference or school logo or mascot.
__________________
CALL WHAT YOU SEE AND SEE WHAT YOU CALL
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Fri Nov 12, 2010, 10:32am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Racine, Wisconsin
Posts: 1,081
Somethings on the court I just don't see!
__________________
Every game is a big game
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Fri Nov 12, 2010, 10:49am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodwillRef View Post
Somethings on the court I just don't see!

This only works if the opposing coach also doesn't see very well, especially if they have been recently cited for the same infraction you just chose to ignore...

SInce the rules in the book are the only things we can apply consistently, I'm inclined to go by the book.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Fri Nov 12, 2010, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 768
And if their is a logo can they wear it upside down?
__________________
DETERMINATION ALL BUT ERASES THE THIN LINE BETWEEN THE IMPOSSIBLE AND THE POSSIBLE!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Fri Nov 12, 2010, 02:06pm
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hell
Posts: 20,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by stosh View Post
This only works if the opposing coach also doesn't see very well, especially if they have been recently cited for the same infraction you just chose to ignore...

SInce the rules in the book are the only things we can apply consistently, I'm inclined to go by the book.
+1

It also might just turn out that you're the only official in your whole association with a "seeing" problem like that. Don't be "that guy".
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old Fri Nov 12, 2010, 02:20pm
Adam's Avatar
Keeper of the HAMMER
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: MST
Posts: 27,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
+1

It also might just turn out that you're the only official in your whole association with a "seeing" problem like that. Don't be "that guy".
The problem is, in some associations, "that guy" is the one who doesn't ignore it.
__________________
Sprinkles are for winners.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old Fri Nov 12, 2010, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Boston Area
Posts: 285
Legal during the Holiday's?

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old Fri Nov 12, 2010, 02:25pm
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hell
Posts: 20,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
The problem is, in some associations, "that guy" is the one who doesn't ignore it.
It's the same in all associations. Find out what the norm is for situations like this and try to get everybody on the same page. Either way, it's the one guy who isn't uniform with everybody else that makes himself look bad.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old Fri Nov 12, 2010, 02:27pm
Adam's Avatar
Keeper of the HAMMER
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: MST
Posts: 27,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
It's the same in all associations. Find out what the norm is for situations like this and try to get everybody on the same page. Either way, it's the one guy who isn't uniform with everybody else that makes himself look bad.
Fortunately, in my association, it's safe to err on the side of enforcement. I'd rather my assigner tell me to back off than be the guy who sparked a 20 minute discussion in the meeting about why we need to enforce the rules as written.
__________________
Sprinkles are for winners.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old Fri Nov 12, 2010, 02:31pm
certified Hot Mom tester
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: only in my own mind, such as it is
Posts: 12,918
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
Either way, it's the one guy who isn't uniform with everybody else that makes himself look bad.
Then what uniform does he wear and what makes it look bad?
__________________
Yom HaShoah
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
headband and manufacturer's logo golfdesigner Basketball 2 Sat Dec 15, 2007 09:39pm
Headband mbyron Basketball 12 Tue Dec 05, 2006 05:19pm
NCAA Headband NDRef Basketball 7 Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:02am
Headband colors ChuckElias Basketball 8 Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:11am
LeBron's headband.. DrakeM Basketball 19 Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:18am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1