The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 23, 2010, 02:45pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
I've been trying to keep track of fouls.....
I hope you mean only team, not individual, fouls and only because during summer league it's more likely the scorers might lose track.
Old Wed Jun 23, 2010, 02:54pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
This helps. Thanks.

So far (summer league) I've been going with the "What makes me uncomfortable" standard (nothing yet), in addition to what JR said about playing in an safe atmosphere that is free from threats, intimidation, and other junk. I know there are some absolutes (cussing, integrity, etc) about what we should whack, but I'm concerned about over-reacting... I've done pretty well so far in "turning down the heat" in situations by talking and using a smile with a sense of humor, but as I've said in other posts, this is a whole new world to me. I will take care of bidness in the obvious instances but am still learning that intensity and frequency balance.

During the summer one of my personal POEs has been game management, which for me means giving more attention to what's happening around the game as well. I've been trying to keep track of fouls, the score, and the possession arrow without having to ask the table. I'm not there yet, but I think I'm going in the right direction. Coaches have been pretty well-behaved and I've only had one incident with a parent. I didn't run him but he got the message and kept his mouth shut the rest of the game. AND he kept it shut the next day as well!

Y'all have been very helpful in my line coming into focus. I hope to make everyone here proud.

Thanks.
Developing your own standards for the ABS and "borderline" stuff just takes time and experience.
Old Wed Jun 23, 2010, 03:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Developing your own standards for the ABS and "borderline" stuff just takes time and experience.
True. In my experience, the forum has been useful in helping lower the bar for the ABS T. There's just no good reason to endure a steaming pile.
Old Wed Jun 23, 2010, 03:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
I hope you mean only team, not individual, fouls and only because during summer league it's more likely the scorers might lose track.
Oh yeah, for the bonus... Already had it happen.