View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 21, 2010, 10:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judtech View Post
This would be different then hearing a coach swear which would be an auto "T". Until there is an actual punch in the face, I am not sure you can do anything. If there is no action, it becomes a 'he said/she said" incident. The coach could claim it is a figure of speech, or that you misheard what they said. If there was nothing else going on then just the coach yelling at his team, then that would be one thing. If that coach is on the floor and has their arm around a player and is pointing at the other teams huddle and singling out a player, then I would hit the T right there.
In the OP, I would make sure that the whole crew that something might be afoot and get us all on the same page. Since the player took the swing they would both be gone. I would make sure that our supervisor knew of the incident and I am positive we would send a letter to the school stating that unless changes were made they would have to find another organization to cover their contests.
When I assess a Flagrant T I never take into consideration what a coach might claim afterwards before doing so. Additionally the coaches flagrant act stands on its own. It does not become flagrant because the order was carried out.

Using your own thinking Why are they both gone if the player swings? If you couldn't prove the coach gave the command when you first heard it, you can not prove it later either. Besides, if you wait until command is carried out before punishing the coach what makes you think he won't still use the same arguments you mentioned.