The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   IMO, they were wrong and shouldn't come back. (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/57551-imo-they-were-wrong-shouldnt-come-back.html)

Mark Padgett Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbyron (Post 668658)
Exactly. Just like on the court, people need to learn to distinguish between "you're wrong" and "you're an idiot." Only one of those is a flame.

What about "You're wrong, you idiot"? ;)

grunewar Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 668738)
What about "You're wrong, you idiot"? ;)

Ah, I see you've been talking to my wife!

Mark Padgett Wed Mar 17, 2010 01:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 668763)
Ah, I see you've been talking to my wife!

Not exactly "talking". ;)

GoodwillRef Thu Mar 18, 2010 09:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by constable (Post 668638)
I've said it before, and I will continue to say it that it is a foolish rule.I've heard the arguments about having to replace a backboard after a hard dunk during the warm ups but if that's the case should we not ban dunking period?

I think there are much bigger fish to fry.

I've said it. It's my opinion and that's all there is too it you can't fault me for stating my opinion, so no need to flame me.

So what other rules don't you like? If every offiical decided he/she wasn't going to enforce some rules they don't like would that be okay with you? Enforce the rules and "by rule" your butt is covered. Ignoring a rule will only get you in hot water. Good luck with YOUR OPINION!

Adam Thu Mar 18, 2010 09:24am

Was it in a different post?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodwillRef (Post 668910)
So what other rules don't you like? If every offiical decided he/she wasn't going to enforce some rules they don't like would that be okay with you? Enforce the rules and "by rule" your butt is covered. Ignoring a rule will only get you in hot water. Good luck with YOUR OPINION!

I don't see where constable says he doesn't enforce it, was it in a different post maybe?

Or are you saying we aren't allowed to have opinions on the rules? You might want to ask the mods delete the rule change threads, then.

Raymond Thu Mar 18, 2010 09:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 668912)
I don't see where constable says he doesn't enforce it, was it in a different post maybe?

Or are you saying we aren't allowed to have opinions on the rules? You might want to ask the mods delete the rule change threads, then.

Probably inferred from this post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by constable (Post 668426)
Maybe the official's realized that whacking someone for dunking in the warm up is a great way to piss off an entire team.

In our region, they advise us to warm first. Then T them.

Though I don't understand the use of a heater in these situations.

26 Year Gap Thu Mar 18, 2010 09:38am

Quote:
Originally Posted by constable View Post
Maybe the official's realized that whacking someone for dunking in the warm up is a great way to piss off an entire team.

Sounds like they just want to be sure the crew is wearing jackets.

Raymond Thu Mar 18, 2010 09:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 668916)

Quote:
Originally Posted by constable View Post

Sounds like they just want to be sure the crew is wearing jackets.

I resemble this post. :cool:

http://forum.officiating.com/basketb...tml#post668914

Adam Thu Mar 18, 2010 09:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 668914)

Though I don't understand the use of a heater in these situations.

Maybe, but that post stated the direction he'd gotten from the authorities that rule his area. No where did he say he wasn't enforcing a rule because of his own opinion. I don't particularly care for the AP rule the way it stands, but I enforce it. I don't particularly care to grant coaches TO's, either, but I do.

Raymond Thu Mar 18, 2010 09:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 668923)
Maybe, but that post stated the direction he'd gotten from the authorities that rule his area. No where did he say he wasn't enforcing a rule because of his own opinion. I don't particularly care for the AP rule the way it stands, but I enforce it. I don't particularly care to grant coaches TO's, either, but I do.

But he did rationalize not calling the T because it would piss off the coach.

That's not the same as stating that he didn't like the rule.

Adam Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 668925)
But he did rationalize not calling the T because it would piss off the coach.

True, but no inference was required.