The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

Last game

Boys varsity tonight and it's all over. Went by in a flash this season. I'm a tired puppy and although I'm going to miss it, I think I'm losing a little focus and it's time for a rest and hit camps down the road. Hope to end on a high note. Two good partners so should be fun.
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member

I'm in the same boat, tonight is it. I wasn't happy with my game last night so tonight I'll make amends. Judgment and mechanics were fine, I just struggled with my game awareness more than I have all year. I must be tired. Oh well, tonight will be the best game of the year so I can go to the off season on a good note.
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 02:15pm
Official Forum Member

I finish up Friday. JV Game Wednesday, then a league contest on 2/26. Not much rest however, my first Varsity Baseball scrimmage is March 22nd, if the snow melts.
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 03:31pm
Official Forum Member

You guys are lucky. I have 2 games evey night this week. 4 on Sat. not to mention post season. No rest for the wicked..
Enjoy your final games and have a great off season.
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 03:35pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

My last game was soph boys this past saturday; guy from the previous game (it was a tourney and mine was the championship game) stayed and we worked 3

which is nice.

I'll probably pick up some weekend rec/AAU ball this spring, though.
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 03:52pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
I'm a tired puppy
You must have had a ruff season.
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 03:53pm
Official Forum Member

Man - we m ust go long here. I've got 3 between now and Friday. MS tournament this weekend with 14 games scheduled (2 tournaments in 2 cities a bridge apart and fairly rural area). Next week 3 nights and another weekend tournament. Following week - 1 varsity and then tournament games. I will be glad when I get a week of rest - except that's when my daughter has told me she wants to move. I'd rather do rec league than move!!!!!!
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 04:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartrusepengui View Post
Man - we m ust go long here. I've got 3 between now and Friday. MS tournament this weekend with 14 games scheduled (2 tournaments in 2 cities a bridge apart and fairly rural area). Next week 3 nights and another weekend tournament. Following week - 1 varsity and then tournament games. I will be glad when I get a week of rest - except that's when my daughter has told me she wants to move. I'd rather do rec league than move!!!!!!
I meant last varsity game. Still have feeder games/tournies along with AAU ball for March.
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 04:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
You must have had a ruff season.
Please quit dogging him.
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 04:42pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Ed - Zackary

Quote:
I meant last varsity game. Still have feeder games/tournies along with AAU ball for March.
My V season ended last week. I'm not as tired as we had a bunch of "snow outs."

I've may get some MS and defiintely have Rec Ball through the end of March though.
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 06:02pm
Esteemed Forum Member

"If that's all there is my friends, ...

... then let's keep dancing. Let's break out the booze and have a ball. If that's all there is. (Peggy Lee)

One assignment left. Special Olympics Unified Games in a few weeks.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 06:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
Please quit dogging him.
I had to paws a moment to figure out what all the barking is about.

fullor - I'm almost at the end of the season, and know how you feel. I'm not quite ready for it to end. I've told myself if I'm ever at this point in the season and I'm looking forward to the end, then I'm probably either working too many games, or it's time to consider hanging it up. So far, I'm not at that point.

One thing that would keep me going through the season is to work games where "Jen, Jen the engine" is working, like our good buddy JRut...

(Used with permission.)
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 10:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Boys varsity tonight and it's all over. Went by in a flash this season. I'm a tired puppy and although I'm going to miss it, I think I'm losing a little focus and it's time for a rest and hit camps down the road. Hope to end on a high note. Two good partners so should be fun.
Valhalla! Best game of the year, ended on a high note. Blowout but good athletes, not a peep from either coach other than a few grins and chit chat.

Good, smooth partners, no missed rotations, great communication. No poaching, no questionable calls. All good!

I'll sleep well tonight.
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 11:05pm
Travel, Offside & Strike!

I finished up on Friday, week off to rest, then the first soccer tourney of the season. 11 games this weekend...

As noted above, if the snow melts...
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 11:32pm
Archaic Power Monger

Good show fullor, way to finish on a high note.

My scholastic season ended a couple of weeks ago. I am working youth games on Saturdays for a few more weeks. What an adventure they've been to say the least.

I did 6 games last Saturday. Over those six, I T'd up three coaches and DQ'd a player for a flagrant foul (the first of my career). Two of the T's were double Ts against both head coaches for yelling at each other after a hard (yet legal) blind screen sent both players to the floor. Oh yeah, this was a 9-10 year old game.

The flagrant foul came at the end of the 4th quarter of another 9-10 year old game when a player from the losing team violently shoved an airborne shooter in the back. I hit the whistle just as the horn buzzed, informed both coaches the player was DQ'd and put the details in the book. Fortunately, that was the last game of the night so my partner and I made a quick exit.

Overall, I felt it was a good first season of basketball. I thank you all for the great advice throughout the season, it definitely helped to make it a better experience. Now it's time to take a little break, hit the gym and get ready for a camp or two in the summer before football starts.

Last edited by Welpe; Tue Feb 23, 2010 at 11:34pm.