The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 02:39am
Official Forum Member

Great way to end the season

... although I'm not quite done yet. Still, it was a really fun game. Freshman girls, but plenty of skill. Players I'd had earlier, and they've improved a lot. Good partner. Rivalry game so there were fans (more than all season put together!). A couple of good TC fouls. Coaches very, very reasonable. Good partner, great table. And a come from behind push to go into overtime. I had a couple of "aw, shoot" no-calls, and missed a TO request at a crucial moment by the losing coach. Otherwise, we called it very good, and it was lots of fun. I'm SO back...
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 02:42am
In Time Out

Frosh girls game when they play well rock. too few though. One of my most memorable games was one with a shot and foul at the buzzer to force OT. And now some of those same girls have moved up to varsity and their teams are doing well.
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 11:48am
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juulie Downs View Post
Great way to end the season........ And a come from behind push to go into overtime.
Juulie, you're kidding, right?
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantducky View Post
Frosh girls game when they play well rock. too few though. One of my most memorable games was one with a shot and foul at the buzzer to force OT. And now some of those same girls have moved up to varsity and their teams are doing well.
My least memorable one was last year when 8 girls fouled out (5 of 8 players on the home team, 3 of 6 on the visitors) of a double overtime crapfest that ended up 3-on-3 with none of the players able to put the ball in the basket. I'm still having nightmares!
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 12:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog89 View Post
My least memorable... double overtime crapfest that ended up 3-on-3 with none of the players able to put the ball in the basket. I'm still having nightmares!
One of the better rules I have seen for kiddie games is a local league that allows games to end in a tie.

Padgett might want to fly in and work, as overtime is against league rules.
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 07:05pm
Official Forum Member

Sounds like you had a good game Juulie.... I currently have 3 games left, barring any last minute add ons....

Sometimes the lower level games can be more interesting than the varsity games. One GV team I've had 3 times this season is 25-0 heading into the playoffs this weekend and ranked #1 in the state in their classification. A week and a half ago I had them in a game that was 31-2 at end of Q1, 65-7 at the half, final score 77-21. A couple weeks earlier I had them in a game that was 87-22 final score........

Had two really good class 6A GJV games last week, and both finished in less than an hour from opening tip to final horn....that's a first for me.
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 07:11pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Dr. Naismith Would Agree ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ref2coach View Post
One of the better rules I have seen for kiddie games is a local league that allows games to end in a tie.
13. The side making the most goals in that time shall be declared the winner. In case of a draw, the game may,
by agreement of the captains, be continued until another goal is made.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 07:39pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTaylor View Post
A couple weeks earlier I had them in a game that was 87-22 final score........
That wasn't an OT, was it?
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 11:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juulie Downs View Post
... although I'm not quite done yet. Still, it was a really fun game. Freshman girls, but plenty of skill. Players I'd had earlier, and they've improved a lot. Good partner. Rivalry game so there were fans (more than all season put together!). A couple of good TC fouls. Coaches very, very reasonable. Good partner, great table. And a come from behind push to go into overtime. I had a couple of "aw, shoot" no-calls, and missed a TO request at a crucial moment by the losing coach. Otherwise, we called it very good, and it was lots of fun. I'm SO back...
Congrats, Juulie on what sounds like a fun game & a great season, we chatted at the end of last season during the Womens Final Four...Just wanted to say Hi & hope your doing well!

Last edited by love2refbball; Tue Feb 23, 2010 at 11:27pm.