The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Odd/usual injuries during basketball games (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/56844-odd-usual-injuries-during-basketball-games.html)

chseagle Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:34am

4A Regionals Update

Quote:

Originally Posted by chseagle (Post 662403)
Depending on what happens with my training schedule for the US Census Bureau, I may or may not be working the ConAgra Foods/LambWeston 4A Regional Basketball Tournament on February 26 & 27.

From the sounds of it, I would be doing timer operations. So I'd be sitting at the scorers' table.

Got the call from my Crew Leader today concerning Census Training. Friday is supposed to be a partial day, field training & testing. So I'll be able to work games on Friday, only instead of right at the start (4 PM), I'm scheduled for the 5:30 PM game start.

Concerning my knee, I'm now in a hinged knee brace. I'm slowly getting strength back in my left knee. There are times I'm able to walk around without walker/cane assistance.

Welpe Sat Feb 20, 2010 01:02am

Make sure you post a full recap of your Census Field Ninja Training.

chseagle Sat Feb 20, 2010 01:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 663248)
Make sure you post a full recap of your Census Field Ninja Training.

Haha, I can't post every single detail due to Title 13 & PII being shared during training. In fact any training materials I bring home I have to make sure my family doesn't see them or read through them.

From my understanding of scanning various resources, I'll be training for the Update/Leave Operation (updating of address if not recorded properly during the Address Canvassing, & leave the questionnaire & amilback envelope at households that do not receive mail directly at that address).

Jurassic Referee Sat Feb 20, 2010 06:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by chseagle (Post 663253)
In fact any training materials I bring home I have to make sure my family doesn't see them or read through them.

Remember, if they do see your training material it's your patriotic duty to kill them.

grunewar Sat Feb 20, 2010 07:15am

His Family?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 663269)
Remember, if they do see your training material it's your patriotic duty to kill them.

That's cold!

Can't they go into seclusion or witness protection or something?

C'mon there's just got to be another way......

Jurassic Referee Sat Feb 20, 2010 07:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 663270)
Can't they go into seclusion or witness protection or something?

Nope, if they defy The Chseagle they must pay!

grunewar Sat Feb 20, 2010 07:30am

Yes Your Honor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 663275)
Nope, if they defy The Chseagle they must pay!

In this case, as the R, I will I defer to your many years and experience of refereedom....

Jurassic Referee Sat Feb 20, 2010 07:55am

When it comes to upholding the sanctity of the Census, no mercy can or should be given. Any personal or familial considerations must be overlooked for the good of our great nation.

Chseagle know what his duty must be. He took the Oath of the Census, didn't he?

Be gentle though, Chseagle. Maybe you could try putting your family to sleep first. Try reading them a chapter of your best-seller "Confessions Of A Shot-Clock Operator".

Loudwhistle Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 663277)
When it comes to upholding the sanctity of the Census, no mercy can or should be given. Any personal or familial considerations must be overlooked for the good of our great nation.

Be gentle though, Chseagle. Maybe you could try putting your family to sleep first. Try reading them a chapter of your best-seller "Confessions Of A Shot-Clock Operator".

Okay JR,
You now qualify for the best comment of the year contest! I almost spit coffee on my screen. :D

RookieDude Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:06pm

Quote:

...OMG!

I thought I could just get up a little early this Sat. morning...check the morning paper about our "winner to state" game we had last night...check my e-mail for our Regional assignments for tonight (Davis @ Walla Walla)...maybe go brag on the forum...

and then I have to go and read some smart-*** ol guys WISE cracks...

the whole family is now up wondering way I am...

LMAO!!:D

BillyMac Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:32pm

On My Honor ...

Quote:

He took the Oath of the Census, didn't he?

I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Census Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.

Upward ref Sat Feb 20, 2010 01:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 663298)
I will do my best

Whats the penalty for injuring yourself chasing bballs when your country needs you ? total disregard for the greater good of all Americans ! Are we to believe you can hobble around entire neighborhoods with your walker ? I'm so flabbergasted I can't safely comment any further ! :eek:

chseagle Sat Feb 20, 2010 01:17pm

Quote:

I will do my best

I do believe you're mixing your oaths up. As the oath you're almost quoting word for word is the Scout Oath.

It's cool to think that 100 years ago, that Scouting in the US came to be.

Scout Oath:

On my honor I will do my best
and to obey the Scout Law;

The Oath that a Census Employee takes before even starting with training is below:

"I will not disclose any information contained in the schedules, lists, or statements obtained for or prepared by the Census Bureau to any person or persons either during or after employment."

chseagle Sat Feb 20, 2010 01:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upward ref (Post 663303)
Whats the penalty for injuring yourself chasing bballs when your country needs you ? total disregard for the greater good of all Americans ! Are we to believe you can hobble around entire neighborhoods with your walker ? I'm so flabbergasted I can't safely comment any further ! :eek:

I have use of a vehicle to get around, as well as I have a cane I can use.

I am slowly getting strength back in my knee, I know, from a test yesterday, that I can get up & down stairs with the assistance of my cane.

Upward ref Sat Feb 20, 2010 01:27pm

Another one bites the dust ...

Quote:

I will do my best

Five out of seven aint bad ! :p