The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Dec 06, 2009, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Most if not all chapters in Texas that went with the UIL are now wearing gray's. Dallas is only wearing them for varsity and JV/varsity combos but I think most chapters have switched completely (or so I've heard). I don't know how many stayed with TASO and are (I assume) still wearing stripes for all their games.
Old Sun Dec 06, 2009, 10:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Now we need a discussion as to whether one likes GRAY or GREY.

MTD, Sr.
I only prefer gray when its paired with scarlet.

Padgett: the Ducks are goin down.

Last edited by Ignats75; Sun Dec 06, 2009 at 11:37pm.
Old Sun Dec 06, 2009, 11:05pm
Official Forum Member

I could care less what my state thinks. I will have to spend as much time kissing *** here since I move states as getting back into JUCO. So if one of my guys wants to where the grey so be it. Schools will assign officials who have there Sh!t together. State will assign the who they want for the tournament. Means absolutely nothing to me.

-General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old Sun Dec 06, 2009, 11:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j51969 View Post
I could care less what my state thinks. I will have to spend as much time kissing *** here since I move states as getting back into JUCO. So if one of my guys wants to where the grey so be it. Schools will assign officials who have there Sh!t together. State will assign the who they want for the tournament. Means absolutely nothing to me.
Here in Ohio, you work under the direction of the OHSAA. The greys are expressly forbidden as Mark Denucci so eloquently detailed previously.
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 12:49am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanRT View Post
Most if not all chapters in Texas that went with the UIL are now wearing gray's. Dallas is only wearing them for varsity and JV/varsity combos but I think most chapters have switched completely (or so I've heard). I don't know how many stayed with TASO and are (I assume) still wearing stripes for all their games.
In the Houston UIL chapter, we can only wear greys for the semi-finals and finals of varsity tournaments. For everything else, we must wear the stripes. This may change in the future but for now, that is the requirement.

I have no idea what the TASO chapter does.
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 01:35am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j51969 View Post
I noticed you are from Illinois so you can do what you want, until someone writes you up and the IHSA revokes your license. Then the only thing you would be able to do is college and those supervisors are not all on the same page with those shirts either. You can do what you want, but there are consequences to anything like this.

Peace
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 01:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanRT View Post
Fort Worth still wearing black & whites but lots of talk about switching to gray next year for varsity contests
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 02:00am
Official Forum Member

Here in my part of Washington State, some were wearing Black & White, others wearing Grey last year. Over this next week, I'll have to ask the officials which one they prefer. If my memory serves me right however, for Regionals & State everyone was wearing the black & white last year.
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 09:43am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignats75 View Post
i only prefer gray when its paired with scarlet.

padgett: The ducks are goin down.

go buckeyes!!! beat the ducks!!!
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Thu Dec 10, 2009, 04:00am
Official Forum Member

Some here are wearing the stripes, while others are wearing the grey. The crew last night had on the grey, but I've seen some on tv wearing the stripes.
Old Thu Dec 10, 2009, 10:37am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post
Here in my part of Washington State, some were wearing Black & White, others wearing Grey last year. Over this next week, I'll have to ask the officials which one they prefer. If my memory serves me right however, for Regionals & State everyone was wearing the black & white last year.
Incorrect. The grey shirts are required for all State tournaments in WA, recommended for all District tournaments. Most associations in WA use the stripes for sub-varsity and the grey for varsity games. The overriding factor is that all wear the same in each game, of course, so if one doesn't have the grey, all wear the stripes.
Old Thu Dec 10, 2009, 07:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Incorrect. The grey shirts are required for all State tournaments in WA, recommended for all District tournaments. Most associations in WA use the stripes for sub-varsity and the grey for varsity games. The overriding factor is that all wear the same in each game, of course, so if one doesn't have the grey, all wear the stripes.
Rockyroad,

I worked the 4A Regionals in Kennewick last year, most of the crews had grey, some had stripes. I have noticed via the news that some are stripes for Varsity contests. I've noticed that all the crew must be uniform for a game. The district I'm located in is District 5 (YVIAA), unsure what the local officials association is called. I have noticed that grey is becoming more prominent.
Old Thu Dec 10, 2009, 08:08pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post
Rockyroad,

I worked the 4A Regionals in Kennewick last year, most of the crews had grey, some had stripes. I have noticed via the news that some are stripes for Varsity contests. I've noticed that all the crew must be uniform for a game. The district I'm located in is District 5 (YVIAA), unsure what the local officials association is called. I have noticed that grey is becoming more prominent.
They are required at State...so they will probably slowly become the norm for most Varsity games - maybe even sub-varsity in the future.