The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Oct 31, 2009, 04:32pm
In Time Out

after a made basket

after a made basket by B can A2 join A1 out of bounds at the same time? Can they both be touching the ball on purpose at the same time.
After A1 gets the ball can A2 go out and a pass is faked to him, I assume A2 can run out without getting the ball.
Old Sat Oct 31, 2009, 04:36pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Who You Gonna Call, Mythbusters ...

After a goal, or awarded goal, the team not credited with the score shall make the throw-in from any point outside the end line. A team retains this “run the endline” privilege if a timeout is called during the dead ball period after the goal. Any player of the team may make a direct throw-in or may pass the ball along the end line to a teammate outside the boundary line.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sat Oct 31, 2009, 05:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantducky View Post
after a made basket by B can A2 join A1 out of bounds at the same time? Can they both be touching the ball on purpose at the same time.
After A1 gets the ball can A2 go out and a pass is faked to him, I assume A2 can run out without getting the ball.
Rule 7 pretty clearly indicates that more than one offensive player can be OOB on a throw-in after a made basket. THose players can do (almost) anything as long as the ball ie eventually inbounded within 5 seconds.

And, without meaning this to sound snarly, I have to ask -- this is three pretty basic questions from you in a short period of time, and you've been around here for a while. You should know these. What gives?
Old Sat Oct 31, 2009, 11:44pm
In Time Out

took a break, and after doing a long test my brain was kind of fuzzy. got a 97% though
Old Sun Nov 01, 2009, 11:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Rule 7 pretty clearly indicates that more than one offensive player can be OOB on a throw-in after a made basket. THose players can do (almost) anything as long as the ball ie eventually inbounded within 5 seconds.

And, without meaning this to sound snarly, I have to ask -- this is three pretty basic questions from you in a short period of time, and you've been around here for a while. You should know these. What gives?
How about Pirate, he's been around since 99'.
Old Mon Nov 02, 2009, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

Bob.
MD may be like me when I start to take my basketball test. I can breeze through soccer and volleyeball without much trouble at all, but for some reason, the last few years when I'm doing my BB test I get a small bit of test anxiety and things that I know out on the court every night I find myself either blanking on or thinking too much about when that test is in my hand. That's why I always run my answers past a friend I've worked with who's a member of this forum before submitting my answers. Or.... MD just doesn't know the rules. Not sure which.
Old Mon Nov 02, 2009, 09:41pm
In Time Out

I always have most of it down and then have to recall a few rather obvious things. I can get a lot of the obscure parts. Just the break that does it but its coming back and when the season starts I'll be ready.

damn forgot my whistle.