Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 11, 2009, 01:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tballump View Post
Add Tom Sterner to the list from the Thunder/Hornets game. Do not have a #
Add Monty McCutchen to the list from Bucks/Bulls game. do not have a #.
Will Assume Monty McCuthen is not the same person as Marty Mceachen
The Bucks/Bulls NBA boxscore has Michael Bobiak , Michael Henderson and Corey McCray as the officials. Can you provide a reference with MuCutchen or confirm that you saw the game and who the other 2 refs were?

The Thunder/Hornets NBA boxscore has Tom Sterner, Andre Crawford and Jeff Wooten as the officials. I've added Sterner to the list of NBA replacement refs. His assignment is interesting. He apparently replaced Marcus Clayton at the last minute since Clayton was on the NBA assignment list the morning of the game. Tom Sterner has also been an NBA assistant coach with multiple teams and I didn't find any other internet references to him as a referee.
Old Sun Oct 11, 2009, 02:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanja View Post
The Bucks/Bulls NBA boxscore has Michael Bobiak , Michael Henderson and Corey McCray as the officials. Can you provide a reference with MuCutchen or confirm that you saw the game and who the other 2 refs were?

The Thunder/Hornets NBA boxscore has Tom Sterner, Andre Crawford and Jeff Wooten as the officials. I've added Sterner to the list of NBA replacement refs. His assignment is interesting. He apparently replaced Marcus Clayton at the last minute since Clayton was on the NBA assignment list the morning of the game. Tom Sterner has also been an NBA assistant coach with multiple teams and I didn't find any other internet references to him as a referee.
I've been googling the teams that play with the words Bucks vs Bulls box score and then I click on the ESPN address. This one was
Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks - Box Score - October 10, 2009 - ESPN. Obviously the one you showed me did not have Monty McCutchen. I have no idea which is the better resource. Hope I have not caused you any problems. It would be much easier if the USA Today boxscore would have the officials like they normally do, but that is not the case
Old Sun Oct 11, 2009, 03:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tballump View Post
I've been googling the teams that play with the words Bucks vs Bulls box score and then I click on the ESPN address. This one was
Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks - Box Score - October 10, 2009 - ESPN. Obviously the one you showed me did not have Monty McCutchen. I have no idea which is the better resource. Hope I have not caused you any problems. It would be much easier if the USA Today boxscore would have the officials like they normally do, but that is not the case
I appreciate the second look and the help. Monty McCutchen worked last season as a regular NBA referee. If he is still on the NBA roster and worked a pre-season game, he would be the only one to cross the line. For now, I'll go with the NBA.com boxscore and assignment list over the ESPN boxscore that listed Monty McCutchen. I'll keep an eye open to see if he pops up elsewhere.
Old Mon Oct 12, 2009, 10:00am
Official Forum Member

Add Eric Hanspard, Ivan Jackson and Larry Killips to the list of NBA replacement referees
Old Tue Oct 13, 2009, 08:55am
Official Forum Member

Add Roberto Marquezto the list of NBA replacement referees

Old Wed Oct 14, 2009, 03:05am
Official Forum Member

so why do we need a list of replacement refs?
Old Wed Oct 14, 2009, 06:32am
Esteemed Forum Member

Good Question ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsf23 View Post
So why do we need a list of replacement refs?
I've been wondering about that for about the last fifty posts, or so. Maybe some are keeping track of their college level colleagues who are trying to move up a to the next level. Others may be keeping a list of scabs to give the cold shoulder to in the future.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Thu Oct 15, 2009, 10:27pm
Official Forum Member

The NBA pre-season is past the halfway point (67 of 120 games played). The following 10 officials were on the list of NBA replacement referees, but have not yet officiated. They have been removed from the list. Most likely, at least some were offered but declined the opportunity. If these or other additions officiate a pre-season game, they will be added to the list.

Brent Barnaky
Jose Carrion
Kane Fitzgerald
Keith Kimble
Marat Kogut
Jamie Luckie
Mike Price
Clarke Stevens
Josh Tiven
Tony Turner
Old Mon Oct 19, 2009, 01:07am
Official Forum Member

Ben Taylor sure made some noise tonight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Updated: October 18, 2009, 8:12 PM ET
Tel Aviv coach refuses to leave game

Associated Press
Strange Scene in Knicks Preseason Game

Maccabi coach Pini Geshon was ejected and refused to leave the court in their game against the KnicksTags: NBA, New York Knicks
Learn More » Report a bug » Feedback »

Strange Scene in Knicks Preseason Game
NEW YORK -- NBA or Europe, regular referees or replacements, the rules are the same: Two technical fouls is an automatic ejection, and anyone ejected must leave the floor.
Maccabi Tel Aviv wanted a pass on that rule Sunday.
The New York Knicks' 106-91 victory over the Euroleague team featured a bizarre delay in the third quarter when the visiting coach refused to leave after he was ejected.
The game was halted about 8 minutes when Pini Gershon continued to linger near Maccabi's bench -- a delay that included a rabbi trying to intervene by asking the NBA's replacement referees calling the game to allow Gershon to stay.
"I explained that this is not a regular game and the kids are watching and [it's] important that there will be peace and forgive him," Rabbi Yitchak Dovid Grossman said of his discussions with the officials. "If you forgive him, I can speak to the children and say, 'You also forgive. If you have a fight, you forgive.' But he says this is the law, that you must obey."
Gershon eventually left after a lengthy discussion with the referees, his assistant coaches and NBA security personnel. A security official said Gershon told them he didn't care if the game was stopped before he eventually agreed to leave.
"He likes the crowd, the crowd likes him very much," Maccabi's Yaniv Green said. "They're coming to the game to see him even more than they're coming to see us. He's quite a character, like you saw today."
Nate Robinson scored 19 points, and David Lee added 14 points and 12 rebounds for New York.
Former Michigan State player Alan Anderson scored 20 points for Maccabi Tel Aviv. D'or Fischer added 19 points and 16 rebounds.
Apparently frustrated by the officiating, Maccabi picked up four technical fouls, including two on Gershon in a 53-second span of the third quarter. Strangely, the second came after he screamed at official Ben Taylor in front of his bench following an offensive foul called on the Knicks' Al Harrington.
With fans chanting "Macc-ab-i!", Gershon didn't seem to be listening to any of the basketball officials. Once the appeal from Grossman, founder and dean of Migdal Ohr, failed, Gershon finally exited.
"I've never experienced that before, but I mean there's a first time for everything I guess," said Robinson, who approached the Maccabi bench in an attempt to figure out what was happening.
A Maccabi official said Gershon would not comment, and the NBA is not allowing the replacement officials to comment during the preseason. The regular staff is locked out during a labor dispute.
Wilson Chandler and Harrington, back after missing the last game with a knee injury, each scored 11 points for the Knicks, who also beat the Israeli team in a 2007 exhibition. Maccabi visits the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday.
The 2007 game drew the largest crowd for an exhibition at Madison Square Garden. That was a night contest, this game began at 1 p.m. ET, a more convenient time for Maccabi's fans overseas but it left the upper section of seats empty.
Maccabi's roster featured Maciej Lampe, a second-round pick of the Knicks in 2003. He was traded early the next year to Phoenix, where he would later play for Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni, in the deal for Stephon Marbury. Lampe finished with 14 points.
Darko Milicic didn't play for the Knicks in the second half due to an upset stomach.
Proceeds from the game will benefit Migdal Ohr, the world's largest orphanage.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press