The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat May 30, 2009, 06:06pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation Partner tosses both coaches!!!

And...it was in a 6th grade girls spring league game! It was obvious almost from the opening tip that team A was going to win in a blow-out. They ran a full court press beginning on their first defensive turn and kept it up until they got up by 25, then the league's mercy rule kicked in. Coach A then decided to run a half court trap. About 3 minutes into the second half (22 minute running halves) they were up by 35. They kept the half court trap on.

Coach B couldn't take it anymore and started yelling at Coach A. The two of them yelled back and forth at each other. We told them to knock it off and if they continued, there would be technicals. Apparently, neither of them cared because about 30 seconds later Coach B screamed at Coach A and dropped an F-bomb. Coach A immediately tossed one back. They then ran at each other and stopped in front of the table and got in each others faces. My partner got in between them and told them both that they were gone and if they got physical with each other, we would call the police. Seriously, I was afraid it was going to turn into a fist fight, which actually would have been kind of cool.

Fortunately, they both pretty much stopped, turned around, got their bags and left the court. Where they went after that, I really don't know and really don't care. Team A had an assistant coach that took over their team, but we had to get a parent to come and sit on Team B's bench. At first, none of their parents wanted to do it but we told them that if no one did, the game was over. One girl's mom then stepped up.

After the game, my partner told me this happened to him once before when he reffed in Canada (which is where he is from originally). I told him I've tossed both coaches numerous times, eh?

What a way to end the final weekend of spring league. I hope summer league is as much fun. I'll know in about four weeks.

Oh yeah, that was the second game of three this morning. The third game had nothing anywhere near that happen. How boring!
Old Sat May 30, 2009, 06:12pm
Official Forum Member

kinda brings a tear to your eyes. you must be very proud of the son you always wanted.
Old Sun May 31, 2009, 07:10am
Official Forum Member

I hope you bought him an icy cold Molson's after the game.
Old Sun May 31, 2009, 09:16am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Seems like you have all the fun in the upper north-west......... a good read as always!
Old Sun May 31, 2009, 10:43am
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallfouls View Post
kinda brings a tear to your eyes. you must be very proud of the son you always wanted.
Actually, I am proud of my real son, especially since he reffed HS and rec for quite a few years, and he wasn't hesitant about making that "T" symbol with his hands. In fact, a lot of refs who worked with him commented that he was "Mark's boy, alright".