The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 11, 2009, 12:57am
Get away from me, Steve.

Great night

This was posted on the wishoops board. I was the R on the game:

"I was at the Beloit-Memorial game and it was crazy. Beloit was up 24-9 at the end of the first. Maymon dunked to put Memorial up 4-2 and from there the Knights went on a 17-0 run over the next five minutes. Memorial cut into the lead right away in the second with a three point play by Maymon and a tough bucket by Lomomba. It stayed in Beloit's favor until right before half. Maymon stole a pass with 10ish seconds left, made the bucket and was fouled. They called an intentional and he sunk both free throws to turn a 3 point Beloit lead into a 1 point Memorial lead and the half ended 35-36. The third quarter was real physical. The lead stayed in Memorial's favor, but never by more than six. Maymon did have one nice fast break throw down off of a steal. It was 53-50 at the end of the third. Foul trouble really hurt Beloit in the first. Marshall Davis sat the first four minutes and thats when Maymon really took over. Even against the 2-3 he was scoring and setting up teamates at will. It stayed back and forth for a while, until about the four minute mark. Maymon got a steal and went for a dunk in traffic that he way over did it on. The ball bounced off the back of the rim and flew back to the halfcourt line. Vander Blue leaped a good ten feet from the front court to save it. Turned into a three point play by Lomomba, I think, and that pretty much sealed it. Maymon was dominate scoring 32 as mentioned and pulling down at least 15 boards. Blue was quite on the offensive end, but played great defense having four steals I think and making the hustle plays for the Spartans. Lomomba made some athletic plays around the basket on up and under moves that got him to the line. Creamer also has some nice plays around the basket. All in all, it was Beloit trying to do too much. They were forcing it and trying to play too fast down the stretch and that really did them in."

Great night, great atmosphere, great crowd, great game.
Old Wed Feb 11, 2009, 09:53am
Official Forum Member

Your writing style needs a little impovement.

Sounds like a fun game to work. Those are the kind we remember, overshadowing all those other 40-pt. blowouts, Sat. morning freshman games with two people in the stands, etc.

(Used with permission.)
Old Wed Feb 11, 2009, 10:45am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy View Post
Your writing style needs a little impovement.

Sounds like a fun game to work. Those are the kind we remember, overshadowing all those other 40-pt. blowouts, Sat. morning freshman games with two people in the stands, etc.
I wouldn't know the names of the players if they fell on me. Except for the Marquette recruit Maymon who you can pick out of a crowd pretty easily.
Old Wed Feb 11, 2009, 08:16pm
Esteemed Forum Member

I Also Bribed Them By Buying Them Breakfast ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy View Post
Saturday morning freshman games with two people in the stands.
Hey, my son, and my daughter, had nothing else to do that morning, so they came to watch their old man officiate.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Feb 11, 2009 at 10:06pm.