The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 22, 2005, 01:31pm
Official Forum Member

Because of a scheduling goof...I had 3 games on my schedule...I get to do a 3:30 GJV game before I head to a different school for a boys varsity game at 7.

JV game goes smooth, not a lot of fouls, both teams in the 30's, and the winning team works on their 4 corners the last 3 minutes. I got to save my legs, thank God, in AZ it's all 2 whistle.

The boy's game is the #1 ranked 4A team...5 classifications ...on the road against a heated rival, having a down season. The gym is packed, and both sides have a VERY vocal student section.

Home underdogs come out on fire with a 13-0 run to start the game, and hold off a run, to keep a 10 point lead after a quarter.

We have some rough play and we nip it quick. Two players go chest to chest and we got in fast to stop the nonsense, and whack both.

The underdogs moved back up by 15 at the half. We spent the halftime planning on staying on top of any banging or talking, and expecting a run by the top ranked team.

The 3rd quarter went back and forth and the gap stayed at 15.

The 4th was pretty frantic, as the underdogs kept running and the top team had to press. The best player for the visitors got hot...finally...and had a dunk between 2 defenders and hit 2 long threes to get the game to 10 points.

The home team, did not buckle and hit their free throws done the stretch to win by 18.

Great game, loud crowd, no fights, no ejections, no ugly happenings in the stands, just two soaking wet officials knowing they spent a great Friday night doing what they love.

Saturday morning is another story, man I'm sore.

Old Sat Jan 22, 2005, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
Because of a scheduling goof...I had 3 games on my schedule...I get to do a 3:30 GJV game before I head to a different school for a boys varsity game at 7.
Where I live, this is only two games.
Old Sat Jan 22, 2005, 02:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
Where I live, this is only two games.
I had the BV game and they mysteriously added the GJV/BJV double header for me. They asked if I could keep the GJV game and the official that was doing the varsity game at that school came in early to pick up the BJV.

We started using online scheduling this season and it still has some bugs.
Old Sat Jan 22, 2005, 02:15pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Ah!

For a while, I just thought you couldn't count!
Old Sat Jan 22, 2005, 02:36pm
Official Forum Member

Ain't it great!?!? Had the same thing last night. Home team, as underdog, scrapped all night and stayed in the game. All night back and forth with aggressive play but few whistles - kids were gettin after it and flat out playing. Full capacity crowd with some standing room. GREAT student sections.

End of the game with about 3 min. left, home team students take up the Ole', Ole', Ole' song (soccer chant) and virtually wills their underdogs to win. Home team loses by three.

Crowd overflows onto floor with both teams spent, crowd exhausted and officials (3 man) dripping and smiling.

Sore? Probably will be whenever the feeling comes back to my legs!