The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 07, 2009, 02:00am
Official Forum Member

Red face Just when I thought I got it right.....

Three person. We are in transistion. I am new trail. I'm probably about the free throw line when A1 passes the ball forward. A2 jumps from frontcourt, catches the ball and lands straddling the line.

Tweet!

Later in the lockerroom, my partner who was at C gives me the "evil" eye. "You know that was my call as C, right?"

Patient whistle, patient whistle.

Rita
Old Sat Feb 07, 2009, 08:12am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita C View Post
Three person. We are in transistion. I am new trail. I'm probably about the free throw line when A1 passes the ball forward. A2 jumps from frontcourt, catches the ball and lands straddling the line.

Tweet!

Later in the lockerroom, my partner who was at C gives me the "evil" eye. "You know that was my call as C, right?"

Patient whistle, patient whistle.

Rita
It would've been "nice" had the C made this call, but in transition the C is there to help since the T is so far back. What if the C had been a bit quicker and been halfway to the other foul line? If there wasn't a press I probably wouldn't have been straddling the division line as the C.

Someone's gotta get it. You did. The C can pound sand and I wonder how he reacts when someone DOES poach a call, for real. Don't beat yourself up over it.
Old Sat Feb 07, 2009, 10:08am
Official Forum Member

I'm with Rich on this one. Tell "C" to get a life. That call can be made by the T or the C, just as long as someone gets it. Sounds to me like you did what needed to be done. Good job.
Old Sat Feb 07, 2009, 10:13am
Lighten up, Francis.

Did the C have a whistle on the play? As he/she said, it is the C's call. If the C had a whistle, you should have been aware of it and yielded the call. If the C didn't have a whistle, then you bailed out the crew.

Either way, the correct call was made, so I hope the "evil eye" is just a bit of dramatic emphasis. This is about refining the crew dynamics and coverages, not about making or blowing a call.
Old Sat Feb 07, 2009, 01:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
Did the C have a whistle on the play? As he/she said, it is the C's call. If the C had a whistle, you should have been aware of it and yielded the call. If the C didn't have a whistle, then you bailed out the crew.

Either way, the correct call was made, so I hope the "evil eye" is just a bit of dramatic emphasis. This is about refining the crew dynamics and coverages, not about making or blowing a call.
He was having fun with me while making a point.

Rita
Old Sat Feb 07, 2009, 03:19pm
Official Forum Member

Just tell him that they were sucking wind so bad you ddin't think they could blow the whistle so you decided to help them out
Old Sun Feb 08, 2009, 10:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita C View Post
He was having fun with me while making a point.

Rita
C did have a point: the call looks better when made by the official standing on the line.

That said, for garden variety cases it hardly matters who calls it.