Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 31, 2009, 05:39pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Skype™ to shishstripes
Another Jon Dielber Sighting

Watching Ohio St vs Indiana.

Diebler fouled on a 3-point attempt makes his free throws.

Indiana has committed 3 fouls on 3-point attempts.
Old Sat Jan 31, 2009, 05:59pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ace
why is a coach allowed to look at a replay like that at the table during the game? They need to turn the monitor off when officials are not using it. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten whacked yet.
Old Sat Jan 31, 2009, 06:22pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
It was a good game. Indiana was over-matched. Our boy did well.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 08:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
We could pull five random members from here and out-match Indiana. They're terrible.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 08:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
If our boy gets enough time to get his weapon loaded and prepped for launch, he can get it done. If he is rushed, the results are not nearly as good. We can only hope that Michigan State, Purdue and others will be "Slow as a Hoosier" on close-outs the rest of the year.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 09:16am
9/11 - Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHCoachNRef View Post
If our boy gets enough time to get his weapon loaded and prepped for launch, he can get it done. If he is rushed, the results are not nearly as good. We can only hope that Michigan State, Purdue and others will be "Slow as a Hoosier" on close-outs the rest of the year.
Absolutely agree. A terrific spot/set shooter. Ya just can't let him stand there uncovered or he will kill you. Oh yeah, and not a bad foul shooter either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonInKansas View Post
We could pull five random members from here and out-match Indiana. They're terrible.
This ain't your father's Hoosiers......
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 11:20am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonInKansas View Post
It might help to use esteemed members.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 12:28pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Hoosiers?

Back in another time in America, 1968, Sen. Eugene McCarthy was running for President. There was a big primary in Indiana and he was traveling around the state to drum up votes. He had this one really bad joke. He said Indiana became the "Hoosier" state when the first settlers arrived and found ears lying on the ground. They would pick them up and ask, "Whose ears?".

And this guy didn't win!!! Go figure.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHCoachNRef View Post
I was at that game yesterday...I go to Indiana, and we gave JD wayyyy too many open looks. He really played well in the second half.

The officials were pretty bad though. They missed a ton and seemingly only had their whistles in their mouths when Ohio State had the ball.

17,000 people chanted "Throw a chair" to Tom Crean.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 01:06pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post
The officials were pretty bad though. They missed a ton and seemingly only had their whistles in their mouths when Ohio State had the ball.
And you are an evaluator for which college conference? Ya' gotta admit, this sounds like a fanboy comment. I'm sure you would resent someone saying something this general about you.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 01:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
And you are an evaluator for which college conference? Ya' gotta admit, this sounds like a fanboy comment. I'm sure you would resent someone saying something this general about you.
Did you watch the game? I think not. Am I an Indiana fan? Of course I am.

It was so bad, apparently the TV announcers were commenting on the officiating. They don't do that alot, and rarely do announcers go out of their way to say the officials were bad. There were several calls made or not made where I had a better angle than the officials did, even though I was nowhere near the play.

The third time Indiana fouled a 3-point shooter was the biggest flop I've seen. Ever. Diebler should get an Oscar for that performance. Roth didn't touch him, but the ref who had the call was at a bad angle. There was one where Verdell Jones shot a 3, got hit, but there was no call. The look Jones gave the official was telling. Then there was a loose ball foul called on Matt Roth when it was clearly the Ohio State player who pulled Roth to the ground. There was a play where the officials didn't call a backcourt violation because they thought Devan Dumes was the last to touch it before it went backcourt. Clearly he didn't touch it and his reaction to the non-call was telling.

I'm sorry, but I don't think NCAA officials should be making that many mistakes in a game. By no means do I think I personally could do better, but if they can't, there has to be someone out there that can. Being an official has made me realize how hard it is to be one, but there were some obvious, obvious calls missed yesterday.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 01:37pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Quote:
......apparently the TV announcers were commenting on the officiating. They don't do that alot,
The TV announcers have commented on the officials almost every game I've watched this yr. Guess I'm not watching the same games you are.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 01:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The TV announcers have commented on the officials almost every game I've watched this yr. Guess I'm not watching the same games you are.
The games I watch they usually compliment the officials. Are you watching Big Ten games??
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 02:00pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Quote:
The games I watch they usually compliment the officials. Are you watching Big Ten games??
Some Big Ten, but mostly ACC and Big East.

On the one three-pointer Diebler got fouled on yesterday, while there was probably not a lot of contact, the tv announcers I watched said it was a good call.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 02:07pm
Official Forum Member

They missed a few in the OSU/Indiana game, but it isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. Indiana fans were just upset that OSU wasn't getting called for fouls on three point shots like Indiana was. (Those were the right calls) The one the really missed was when IU's kid missed the three and they called him for a hold when the OSU player fell down while trying to block the shot. I'm not even remotely a fan of either of these teams (I can't stand OSU), but Ohio State outplayed Indiana and deserved to win.