The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 27, 2009, 06:41pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Gonna be a fast game

I was scheduled for a MS doubleheader at the school just a few minutes from my house tonight. However, I just got notified that the first game has been moved to a different school. Now I have a game there at 6:15 and a game at the original school at 7:45. These games are full 8 minute quarters with no mercy rule for running clock. The schools are at least 15 minutes apart depending on the traffic on a state highway.

Can you say "NO OVERTIME" loud and clear? Oh yeah, add in "THREE MINUTE HALFTIME".

Not only that, but my partner hasn't acknowledged the change yet. After I got the email, I called him and left a VM. My guess is that if he doesn't check one or the other, he'll still go to the first school at 6:15, see there's no game and just go home. If I can't get the message to him, I might wind up working both alone. Not a big deal, but I would prefer to work these games with a partner, mostly because working alone only pays an extra $2.50 per game. Whoopie! That's almost enough to make that final payment on my yacht.
Old Tue Jan 27, 2009, 06:50pm
Ref Ump Welsch

Wow, what were the AD's smoking? A doubleheader that close together in time at two different places? *shaking my head*
Old Tue Jan 27, 2009, 07:31pm
certified Hot Mom tester

These are independent league games. There are no ADs. The coaches schedule the games. In fact, I have the same situation next week except the first game starts at 6:00, not 6:15.