The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 25, 2009, 01:43pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Thumbs down Houston vs Arizona - Flagrant/Ejection

What a horrible display of unsportsmanlike behavior!

The Officials were all over this one.......

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...n=ncaab,136602
Old Sun Jan 25, 2009, 01:58pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

A PC and a DQ... nice job officials!

What a stupid play by Red 12. Aubrey Coleman is his name.
Old Sun Jan 25, 2009, 02:02pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Just wonder if the school & the NCAA have the guts to follow through and do what is right by suspending him. I won't hold my breath.
Old Sun Jan 25, 2009, 03:17pm
In Time Out

a 2 game suspension would be nice
Old Sun Jan 25, 2009, 03:23pm
Official Forum Member

Penders said. "I'm just sorry the official interpreted it that way. The way I saw it, Aubrey got tangled and his momentum carried him forward and I think it was a mistake."

uhm, OK coach.
Old Sun Jan 25, 2009, 03:38pm
Official Forum Member

Penders is a turd. Don't even listen to him.
Old Sun Jan 25, 2009, 04:04pm
Official Forum Member

They sould have cleared the rest of the Houston team from the gym and let the Arizona team at him for a few minutes. That would have made more of an impression on a guy like that. The reffs did a good job and were right on top of it.
Old Sun Jan 25, 2009, 06:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKOFL View Post
They sould have cleared the rest of the Houston team from the gym and let the Arizona team at him for a few minutes. That would have made more of an impression on a guy like that. The reffs did a good job and were right on top of it.
This tape underscores why it's important to watch the players in dead ball situations.
Old Sun Jan 25, 2009, 06:24pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyezen View Post
Penders said. "I'm just sorry the official interpreted it that way. The way I saw it, Aubrey got tangled and his momentum carried him forward and I think it was a mistake."

uhm, OK coach.
And that turd Penders should get a game or two off for that line of BS.
Old Sun Jan 25, 2009, 08:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
Penders is a turd. Don't even listen to him.
Many moons ago when I played HS basketball in Fairfield, Conn. probably the most respected official was Penders' father in both Basketball and Football. A true gentleman who coaches would request for big games.

Obviously that never transferred down to the son, who has to be at the top of the all time A**hole lists for coaches.
Old Sun Jan 25, 2009, 09:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBallanfant View Post
Many moons ago when I played HS basketball in Fairfield, Conn. probably the most respected official was Penders' father in both Basketball and Football. A true gentleman who coaches would request for big games.

Obviously that never transferred down to the son, who has to be at the top of the all time A**hole lists for coaches.
A few years ago, I think it was the 05-06 season, Penders' Houston team came to play Missouri State in Springfield during the NIT. That was the year that the Missouri Valley had four teams in the NCAA tournament, and Penders had made some comment earlier in the year about the Valley not being all that good. Needless to say, the welcome he received when he walked out of the tunnel was not cordial in the least bit. Thankfully Missouri State sent him packing with a loss. (I think he made some not-so-nice comments during the postgame press conference as well)

So yes, he is on the a-hole list for sure.
Old Mon Jan 26, 2009, 05:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyezen View Post

uhm, OK coach.
Updated: January 25, 2009, 9:29 PM ET
Coleman says step on face accidental

Comment Email Print
Associated Press

HOUSTON -- Houston guard Aubrey Coleman issued an apology Sunday after stepping on the face of Arizona player Chase Budinger during a game the previous day.
Coleman, a junior and the team's second-leading scorer, was ejected after stepping on Budinger's face following a charge call with 9:51 left in the second half. Arizona rallied for a 96-90 win in overtime.
"I want to apologize to Chase Budinger for what happened Saturday night. I never meant to step on him," Coleman said in a statement issued by the school. "I have never been in an incident like this before, and I have nothing but respect for him as a great player.
"I love the game too much to do something like that intentionally. I want to say I am sorry from the bottom of my heart," Coleman said. "I know that God knows what is in my heart, but I am hopeful that Chase will understand and forgive."
Houston coach Tom Penders said he regretted the incident but does not believe Coleman intentionally stepped on Budinger.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
Old Mon Jan 26, 2009, 06:06am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Thanks for the update Nevada. I hope they both are sincere.......we'll see what happens next.
Old Mon Jan 26, 2009, 07:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
Just wonder if the school & the NCAA have the guts to follow through and do what is right by suspending him. I won't hold my breath.
The NCAA doesn't have the power to suspend the player in a non-NCAA Tournament game. It is usually up to the team and or conference.
Old Mon Jan 26, 2009, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Updated: January 25, 2009, 9:29 PM ET
Coleman says step on face accidental

Comment Email Print
Associated Press

HOUSTON -- Houston guard Aubrey Coleman issued an apology Sunday after stepping on the face of Arizona player Chase Budinger during a game the previous day.
Coleman, a junior and the team's second-leading scorer, was ejected after stepping on Budinger's face following a charge call with 9:51 left in the second half. Arizona rallied for a 96-90 win in overtime.
"I want to apologize to Chase Budinger for what happened Saturday night. I never meant to step on him," Coleman said in a statement issued by the school. "I have never been in an incident like this before, and I have nothing but respect for him as a great player.
"I love the game too much to do something like that intentionally. I want to say I am sorry from the bottom of my heart," Coleman said. "I know that God knows what is in my heart, but I am hopeful that Chase will understand and forgive."
Houston coach Tom Penders said he regretted the incident but does not believe Coleman intentionally stepped on Budinger.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
thats why he rushed right over to appologise, and why he was high fiving in the huddle with a big smile on his face. i'm sure God loved being mentioned by a bonehead on the hot seat. just come clean. i'm sorry that my emotions got the better of me and i did such a dumb thing.