The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Nov 29, 2008, 11:49am
Esteemed Forum Member

Archimedes, My Alltime Favorite Naked Scientist ...

"Eureka!" (Greek: meaning "I have found it!"). Finally. More detailed than the previous file, but still may not answer the original question. Still a good file worth looking at:

NFHS uniform presentation

Be careful. This is over a year old, before any 2008-09 revisions.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Nov 29, 2008 at 11:57am.
Old Sun Nov 30, 2008, 12:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
"Eureka!" (Greek: meaning "I have found it!"). Finally. More detailed than the previous file, but still may not answer the original question. Still a good file worth looking at:

NFHS uniform presentation

Be careful. This is over a year old, before any 2008-09 revisions.
BillyMac,

This presentation was very very good. The best that I've seen but you are right in that it didn't specifically address mascots???

thanks again
Old Sun Nov 30, 2008, 11:59pm
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny mulkey View Post
Sohl,

Thanks. There has to be something in the PDF that leads you to believe that mascots can be worn on the jersey. But, I still don't see where it allows team mascots even in the unrestricted neckline area. Am I missing something?

Mulk
There are no restrictions in the area of the jersey from an imaginary horizontal line at the base of the neckline extending to each armhole, up to the shoulder seam.

Old Mon Dec 01, 2008, 12:06am
Esteemed Forum Member

So Mascots Can Go There ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by w_sohl View Post
There are no restrictions in the area of the jersey from an imaginary horizontal line at the base of the neckline extending to each armhole, up to the shoulder seam.

Good research. It took you all day, but you came up with an answer. I'm sure that if you're wrong, another Forum member will correct you. I hopem that you feel a sense of accomplishment. Sorry I couldn't help. This was a topic I would normally be willing to sink my teeth into. I had other things to work on. Like my scrimmage schedule, and then, earlier this evening, my game schedule. Keep up the good work.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Old Mon Dec 01, 2008, 12:11am
I drank what?

Quote:
Good research. It took you all day, but you came up with an answer. I'm sure that if you're wrong, another Forum member will correct you. I hopem that you feel a sense of accomplishment. Sorry I couldn't help. This was a topic I would normally be willing to sink my teeth into. I had other things to work on. Like my scrimmage schedule, and then, earlier this evening, my game schedule. Keep up the good work.
Not sure if you are just being sarcastic!?!?!?!

Didn't take me all day, took me all of 3 mins. I already have a game schedule through 12-13 as that is all my assignor has assigned thus far and we are already finished with scrimmages.

If I'm wrong, I hope that another forum member corrects me. This is just the way that I interpret the pdf.
Old Mon Dec 01, 2008, 12:16am
Esteemed Forum Member

Good Work, Seriously ...

Quote:
Not sure if you are just being sarcastic?
No. I was serious. Now that I've checked the posts, I see that you've been on the situation since Friday, so I underestimated the level of your persistence.

Old Mon Dec 01, 2008, 12:26am
I drank what?

Quote:
No. I was serious. Now that I've checked the posts, I see that you've been on the situation since Friday, so I underestimated the level of your persistence.
The lack of non-verbal communication here is a detriment to my understanding of your tone. If you are in any way trying to demean my participation in this thread it is not appreciated. Anyhow, on it since Friday is an exaggeration. I have only looked at this thread as responses were posted. I felt it only courteous to respond to the questions from the original poster since I was one of the posters who attempted to help clear this up. If you feel that this thread is useless, why even bother to post?
Old Mon Dec 01, 2008, 07:54am
Esteemed Forum Member

I'm Serious, Really ...

Quote:
If you feel that this thread is useless, why even bother to post?
The thread, and your participation in it, have been very useful. I'm sorry that I couldn't participate more, other than offering two PDF files from the NFHS. I don't use Smilies. Never have. Don't know how. Don't want to get started. But, I will admit, I almost used one for the first time here. At least now, I understand why some many members use them. Confucius may have said, "One picture is worth a thousand words". Maybe he was right. And your post did clear this up, note that no one had disagreed with you.

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Dec 01, 2008 at 08:01am.
Old Mon Dec 01, 2008, 11:57am
I drank what?

Quote:
The thread, and your participation in it, have been very useful. I'm sorry that I couldn't participate more, other than offering two PDF files from the NFHS. I don't use Smilies. Never have. Don't know how. Don't want to get started. But, I will admit, I almost used one for the first time here. At least now, I understand why some many members use them. Confucius may have said, "One picture is worth a thousand words". Maybe he was right. And your post did clear this up, note that no one had disagreed with you.

I apologize for my misunderstanding. I hope you understand with the way some posters respond to other posters that it is sometimes difficult to decode if someone is genuine or if they are trying to demean someone with their diatribe. I am happy that I could have been of help to you and I hope that if I am wrong that someone will correct me.