The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 01, 2006, 06:55pm
Official Forum Member

I am an enthusiastic 19 year old NJSIAA certified umpire in Hudson County. Last year I attending a 2 month training session and passed both my baseball and softball exam. I coached baseball at my alma-mater high school which took up the whole high school season, and kept me from being able to get any work in officiating high school baseball last year. After the high school season, I managed to get in over 100 games between the city recreation league, The Garden State Wooden Bat Baseball league, and other various games. Everyone that I talk to can't remember what sub-varisty pays. I have 22 sub-varsity games scheduled for this upcomign season. If anyone knows what the hudson county pay for High school games is for Varsity, JV, and Freshman, please let me know.

Thank You
Old Wed Feb 01, 2006, 10:28pm
Official Forum Member

you could try calling the person who assigned you the games
Old Thu Feb 02, 2006, 02:23pm
Official Forum Member

The fee is state-wide, unless I'm mistaken. Last year, sub-varsity paid $42 for 2-man. It's going up slightly this year, maybe $43 or $44. I'm in SJ, and under the terms of my association's contract, the schools pay the umpires directly. We then pay an assignor's fee from our proceeds.

Mike