The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 13, 2008, 11:04am
Official Forum Member

Warning for Delay

NF Rules...

Discussion in association meeting last night on Resumption of Play, which turned into a discussion on when to issue a warning for delay.

After a timeout can a warning for delay be issued for teams failing to break the huddle and be ready for play on the second horn?

Some asserted that 4.47.4 applied: "For failure to have the court ready for play following any timeout..."

My interpretation is that this applies if the court is not ready due to water spilled on the floor, etc., not to the team not being ready for play at the second horn.

I know there is an emphasis on getting teams out of the huddle to prevent this from becoming an issue. But, if it is do any of you issue a delay warning, or is the proper procedure to go to resumption of play?
Old Thu Nov 13, 2008, 11:05am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls View Post
nf rules...

Discussion in association meeting last night on resumption of play, which turned into a discussion on when to issue a warning for delay.

After a timeout can a warning for delay be issued for teams failing to break the huddle and be ready for play on the second horn?

Some asserted that 4.47.4 applied: "for failure to have the court ready for play following any timeout..."

my interpretation is that this applies if the court is not ready due to water spilled on the floor, etc., not to the team not being ready for play at the second horn.

I know there is an emphasis on getting teams out of the huddle to prevent this from becoming an issue. But, if it is do any of you issue a delay warning, or is the proper procedure to go to resumption of play?
rpp.