The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Nov 12, 2008, 03:41pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Buddy ref passes away

A buddy of mine with whom I worked probably 50 or 60 youth rec games over the past 3 years passed away a few days ago from a heart attack. He was only 49 years old. His name was Kevin Pete and he was also quite an athlete, as the obit states. During games, he asked great questions about rules and mechanics and was always trying to improve his performance. Plus, he had a great sense of humor. He also worked a lot of wreck league games at a local facility called The Hoop in Beaverton. I was looking forward to seeing him at a clinic this coming Saturday, but I know the assignor there will hold a moment of silence for Kevin.

On the obit page, there's a link at the bottom that takes you to a guest book. I've made an entry there. I hope his family takes some comfort from all the nice things people are posting.

OregonLive.com