The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 24, 2005, 03:31pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

I got my rec schedule for this weekend and I have three games with the son of a buddy of mine. The kid is a HS senior and he usually does a pretty good job.

This morning I happened to run into his dad at a store (he is the manager there). I told him I had three games with Kyle this coming Saturday morning. He said he'd make sure Kyle got a good night's sleep Friday night. When I asked why that was important, he replied, "If he's gonna carry you for three games, he'd better be rested".
Old Thu Feb 24, 2005, 03:34pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
I got my rec schedule for this weekend and I have three games with the son of a buddy of mine. The kid is a HS senior and he usually does a pretty good job.

This morning I happened to run into his dad at a store (he is the manager there). I told him I had three games with Kyle this coming Saturday morning. He said he'd make sure Kyle got a good night's sleep Friday night. When I asked why that was important, he replied, "If he's gonna carry you for three games, he'd better be rested".

Cold but true, I can't wait for my two sons become old enough to officiate so they can carry the "old man." I have already retired two partners because of injuries to their backs.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Thu Feb 24, 2005, 03:36pm
Official Forum Member

LOL!

Last Saturday night, I had two younger partners for FOUR adult men's church games. I thought, "Cool! Young legs." NOPE! They had both worked 4 games earlier in the day and one had also worked a baseball scrimmage. There were almost useless.

My back AND legs ached for 3 days.
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 09:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

That's no way to treat a customer.
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 10:32am
Official Forum Member

Thrill

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Quote:

Cold but true, I can't wait for my two sons become old enough to officiate so they can carry the "old man." I have already retired two partners because of injuries to their backs.

MTD, Sr.
MTD,

Last week, my son and I called a 1st round State tourney game. It WAS a thrill. I still carried him.

Mulk
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 12:35pm
In Memoriam

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by ronny mulkey
[/B]
Last week, my son and I called a 1st round State tourney game. It WAS a thrill. I still carried him.

[/B][/QUOTE]Big ups, Ronnie. That's great-- father and son doing state!
Old Fri Feb 25, 2005, 11:10pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

My partner of a few weeks ago works at the same school as my wife. She said he made three visits to the chiropractor after he worked with me. Thanks honey!
Old Sat Feb 26, 2005, 11:58am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

A number of years ago I reffed a game with my (then) girlfriend.

She was new then and didn't best know how to handle coaches. She made a proper call (naturally, because I taught her ) and the coach was yelling at her when she wasn't looking. I thought, "no way you're treating my girlfriend that way." I promptly assumed the personality of GENERAL OTIS T. WHACKINATOR and sat his butt down. Plus, he came onto the court to yell at her.