Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 31, 2008, 09:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
My list was intended to be examples, not all-inclusive
Yeah, I realized that. And obviously you already know everything I added. My post was really for the benefit of our new friend.
Old Sat Nov 01, 2008, 01:16am
Official Forum Member

Live Ball/Clock Stopped already made sense, but now
I get Dead Ball/Clock Running as well.

And I have that warm fuzzy welcome wagon feeling.

Thanks to all!
Old Sat Nov 01, 2008, 01:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsl View Post
This is my first post... but I have been a lurker for a while.

While studying for my test (which I just submitted and luckily passed),
I came across 2.10.3:

Art. 3... If in Article 1e the error is made while the clock is running and the ball dead, it must be recognized by an official before the second live ball.

When and why would the clock be running during a dead ball?

Thanks in advance!
And an example of an official making an error with the clock running and the ball dead that would be correctable until the second live ball is failing to properly signal for a successful three-point try or incorrectly indicating that a made goal was worth only two points when it actually was a three point try.

2.10.1 SITUATION J: A1 attempts a goal from behind the three-point line: (a) but the covering official fails to give the successful signal after the ball goes through the basket, and the scorer records only two points; or (b) and the covering official gives the successful signal, but the scorer records only two points. Team B inbounds the ball and proceeds to score. The coach of Team A goes to the table and requests a 60-second time-out to discuss the error. RULING: In (a), the error of not awarding three points is correctable as it was detected prior to the second live ball after the error. The extra point is scored, the 60-second time-out is not charged and the game continues from the point of interruption. In (b), it is a mistake by the scorer which can be corrected any time until the final score has been approved.