The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 26, 2008, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

Pants

I know there was some talk about the OC pants...what else do people recommend for pants for fit, etc.?
Old Sun Oct 26, 2008, 10:39am
Esteemed Forum Member

"That's all I can stands, and I can't stands no more!"

Pants? Shoes? I know that this is a forum for officials, and that we have all have to purchase uniforms, and shoes, but this is getting a little ridiculous. Forty-one posts, over a seven year period, about shoe shine products? Maybe Officiating.com can add a forum jump to "Uniforms and Shoes", where posters can suggest places to purchase uniforms, and shoes, and others can post reviews of different brands, and styles, of uniforms and shoes?

Or, maybe Officiating.com can add forums for humorous posts, attempted humorous posts, and a forum for images, and only images (one month, not a single image, where's my twelve step coin?).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Oct 26, 2008 at 11:11am.
Old Sun Oct 26, 2008, 11:15am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarr View Post
I know there was some talk about the OC pants...what else do people recommend for pants for fit, etc.?
It's all personal choice. Use the search feature and you'll find several threads about slacks.

If you're looking for places to buy slacks, try:
Honig's (RightSports)
Between The Lines (Between The Lines Officials Gear)
Ump-Attire (Umpire & Referee Equipment & Uniforms)
Old Sun Oct 26, 2008, 11:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

I really like Honig's pleated pants. They are very durable (I've had some pairs for 5 years). They also come in athletic cut if you need a little extra room.
Old Sun Oct 26, 2008, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

We have an arrangement with a local men's clothing store for Sans-a-belts. We get a pretty good discount on them. Plus you get the opportunity to try them on before you buy them. They will mark them and have them hemmed and taken in to fit you just right.
Old Sun Oct 26, 2008, 03:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Pants? Shoes? I know that this is a forum for officials, and that we have all have to purchase uniforms, and shoes, but this is getting a little ridiculous. Forty-one posts, over a seven year period, about shoe shine products? Maybe Officiating.com can add a forum jump to "Uniforms and Shoes", where posters can suggest places to purchase uniforms, and shoes, and others can post reviews of different brands, and styles, of uniforms and shoes?

Or, maybe Officiating.com can add forums for humorous posts, attempted humorous posts, and a forum for images, and only images (one month, not a single image, where's my twelve step coin?).
Maybe you should quit whining about this stuff. You certainly post your share of off-topic posts. At least uniform discussions are on-topic.
Old Sun Oct 26, 2008, 08:02pm
Official Forum Member

thanks for the suggestions

Didn't mean to start WWIII.

I thought part of officiating was trying to look as good as you can...
Old Sun Oct 26, 2008, 08:35pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
I prefer belted as we have that option here. However, I do have a pair of sansabelts that I got from Cliff Kean. They have waist sizes other than even and the pair I got from them is very good. I got a pair of sansabelts from OC a few years ago and I must have gotten a very good deal as they used a lot of material and they looked terrible.
Old Sun Oct 26, 2008, 10:25pm
Esteemed Forum Member

As Popeye Used To Say ...

Quote:
Didn't mean to start WWIII.
You didn't. Your original post was most appropriate. Welcome to the Forum. I didn't realize that you were a newbie. I hope that I didn't scare you. If so, I apologize. I was just having some fun. But seriously, forty-one posts, over a seven year period, about shoe shine products? As Popeye used to say, "That's all I can stands, and I can't stands no more!"
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Oct 26, 2008 at 10:29pm.
Old Mon Oct 27, 2008, 06:50am
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Pants? Shoes? I know that this is a forum for officials, and that we have all have to purchase uniforms, and shoes, but this is getting a little ridiculous.
Start a new "Moderators" thread.