The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 01:19pm
Official Forum Member

Wow. Just wow. If that happened in our program, the coach would be gone for good.
We had a middlle school coach drop the F-bomb in the locker room with 7th grade boys, along with throwing a chair against the wall. He is no longer with us.
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 01:40pm
Official Forum Member

BITS, would definitely like to have taken care of this coach myself. He (she) would have been gone......

CoachCER, sounds like you run a class program.
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

CoachCER - I belonged to Greater Georgia association. Meetings were at Sandy Creek HS. Did a lot of games your way. Glad to have coaches interested in rules.
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 02:08pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachP View Post
Worse...I fixed it for ya.....
There is the evidence that I replied before reading the other posts.
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

Usually a great place to work. Friendly people, friendly coaches even. Players all come and shake your hand and thank you before getting in line and shaking each others hands. I guess there are a couple reasons I didn't make it flagrant.
1. I was so surprised to hear something like that in that gym. My whistle went of automatically almost as I was looking in disbelief.

2. Saw priest already crossing court to take care of situation - I'm not catholic but still - I've never seen a priest move that quickly before.

3. Saw no one else to coach kids - and it was not the kids fault. Even thought about the priest but didn't know if he could stay. Didn't want to punish the kids for an adult's mistake.

4. Coach backed off immediately, sat and got very quiet. They knew it was a BIG mistake
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 06:55pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Penalty For A Techncial Foul: Two Our Fathers, Two Hail Marys ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartrusepengui View Post
Saw priest already crossing court to take care of situation. I'm not Catholic but still. I've never seen a priest move that quickly before.
I'm Catholic (see my signature), but I wouldn't put priests an any kind of pedestal when they're in the gymnasium. They're just team supporters, like anybody else associated with the team. Our interpreter tells a story about giving a technical foul to a priest, who was acting as the the team chaplin, sitting on the St. Anselm (NCAA Division II, New Hampshire) bench, who was complaining about a call.

I've never given a technical foul to a priest, or nun, but I've come close during my Catholic high school, and middle school games.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 07:22pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I'm Catholic (see my signature), but I wouldn't put priests an any kind of pedestal when they're in the gymnasium. They're just team supporters, like anybody else associated with the team. Our interpreter tells a story about giving a technical foul to a priest, who was acting as the the team chaplin, sitting on the St. Anselm (NCAA Division II, New Hampshire) bench, who was complaining about a call.

I've never given a technical foul to a priest, or nun, but I've come close during my Catholic high school, and middle school games.
My understanding, based on "the parish priest," is that this particular priest would be closer to an AD or Superintendent than a "team supporter." Some deference and patience may be in order in this case.
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 07:46pm
Official Forum Member

6th grade...yeah, I'm going Flagrant and tossing for the F-bomb.

Of course this is also the guy who tossed a 4th grade girls coach (guy) for telling me "they are getting raped out there!" Buh-bye!

Like Mark, My rec league would have banned the coach also...just no place for that in kids' sports and I'm good for an F-bomb of my own now and again...but not on the court.