The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Hope it's not a sign of things to come! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/49366-hope-its-not-sign-things-come.html)

chartrusepengui Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:39am

Hope it's not a sign of things to come!

Did my first BB this past Monday. Filled in with a buddy on last minute rescheduled 6th grade game. A small parochial school vs. public school. First two minutes great. Then the first foul requiring free throws. As we line up kids and move them into the "new" lane spaces I hear HC say: "this is gonna suck - even the GD referee don't know where the f-ing kids are supposed to be" WHACK

Didn't even make it 3 minutes into the season before having to get out the T :eek:

Scrapper1 Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:42am

That sure was a good one to get, though. Nicely done. :)

Raymond Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by chartrusepengui (Post 543261)
Did my first BB this past Monday. Filled in with a buddy on last minute rescheduled 6th grade game. A small parochial school vs. public school. First two minutes great. Then the first foul requiring free throws. As we line up kids and move them into the "new" lane spaces I hear HC say: "this is gonna suck - even the GD referee don't know where the f-ing kids are supposed to be" WHACK

Didn't even make it 3 minutes into the season before having to get out the T :eek:

You could have whacked him with a flagrant T and sent his a$$ packing.

Welpe Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 543265)
You could have whacked him with a flagrant T and sent his a$$ packing.

I don't work basketball but...I like this option, especially at the 6th grade level. :cool:

Ch1town Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:08pm

The parochial or public school coach?

chartrusepengui Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:10pm

I didn't have to ...... as I made the call the parish priest was already on way over and he came and sat 1 row directly behind the coach for the duration. I didn't have the heart to send her packing when it looked like she was already headed towards H.E. LL! I never heard another word out of her. :D

mick Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chartrusepengui (Post 543274)
I didn't have to ...... as I made the call the parish priest was already on way over and he came and sat 1 row directly behind the coach for the duration. I didn't have the heart to send her packing when it looked like she was already headed towards H.E. LL! I never heard another word out of her. :D

Maybe the priest will buy her this year's books.

Mark Padgett Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:24pm

Quote:

Great job. Take a cookie out of petty cash. ;)

TravelinMan Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:30pm

here's a case where table side mechanics could increase the number of t's - complete opposite of its intended purpose. Wouldn't hear it if opposite table.

tjones1 Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravelinMan (Post 543286)
here's a case where table side mechanics could increase the number of t's - complete opposite of its intended purpose. Wouldn't hear it if opposite table.

:confused:

I would assume this was 2-man mechanics (6th grade game). I don't think the official in this thread was table side.

TravelinMan Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:42pm

In Georgia, our association instructed us to use tableside mechanics even with 2 man. Not sure what other states are doing.

JugglingReferee Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:44pm

Quote:

Hmm... out loud he uses the F word in front of 11 year olds? And you T him? Why not a flagrant T?

CoachP Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 543294)
Hmm... out loud She uses the F word in front of 11 year olds? And you T him? Why not a flagrant T?

Worse...I fixed it for ya.....

Back In The Saddle Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravelinMan (Post 543286)

This is definitely a case where I'd prefer to hear the comment and deal with it. Wouldn't you? ;)

Mark Padgett Wed Oct 15, 2008 01:03pm

In our local kids rec league, this language would have resulted in a flagrant T, and then indefinite suspension from the league. The coach would have to appear before a committee of the Board to ask for reinstatement. In a case like this, it's likely the suspension would be at least for the remainder of the season, and possibly for life.

We don't mess around, boy. :mad: