The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 26, 2008, 03:07pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra
I think it's hilarious that there's even a One Tree Hill thread on this forum. I have to admit I've watched it a dozen or so times (my wife watches it because my 22 year old daughter got her hooked).

Bottom line: Sophia Bush is smoking hot and it's better to have to see look at her than a Tivo'd episode of Oprah.
Oprah sucks.

My gf tells me that OTH is the Dawson's Creek of the 2000's. I hated Dawson's Creek so I'm glad that I now know to avoid OTH. I don't care if there are smokin' hot girls in the show. SHG are everywhere.
Old Tue Aug 26, 2008, 03:31pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra
Bottom line: Sophia Bush is smoking hot and it's better to have to look at her than a Tivo'd episode of Oprah.
I had my Tivo programmed to display a message whenever someone tries to record Oprah.
The message?

"WTF?"
Old Tue Aug 26, 2008, 03:48pm
Official & Member

These things happen when wimmen get ahold of the damn remote before men get in the room. I think my wife secretly hides it in the sofa cushions and then records Oprah as a sick form of revenge.
Old Tue Aug 26, 2008, 03:56pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

It all started with suffrage.
Old Tue Aug 26, 2008, 04:09pm
Do not give a damn!!

At least people watch Oprah and "The View." Who the hell watches "One Tree Hill?"

Peace
Old Tue Aug 26, 2008, 04:25pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Honestly, I don't know anyone who watches any of those shows.
Old Tue Aug 26, 2008, 04:32pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Honestly, I don't know anyone who watches any of those shows.
Yes you do. Jurassic's daily afternoon routine is to take the dogs for a walk, take a dump (on good days), and then sit down and watch Dr. Phil and Oprah back-to-back.

'Splains a lot about him, don't it!
Old Tue Aug 26, 2008, 04:37pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

My stomach hurts from laughing. That's funny.
Why doesn't he just take his dump with the dogs?
Old Tue Aug 26, 2008, 04:53pm
Official Forum Member

My answers to your questions are in RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Koach
So the star player goes through most of the pre-season telling off teachers and coaches, sexually harassing a teacher who is the head basketball coaches sister-in-law, quiting school, quiting the team, not doing school work, showing up late for practice and tryouts, getting cut off the team, being put back on the team, breaks his wrist and quits the team because the coaches decide it would be best for him to get surgery, effectively ending his senior seasonh, so he cant score 30 a game and that will cost him a scholarship even though he had been shooting under 20 percent playing with a broken wrist, calls the assistant coach an uncle Tom, re-joins the team.

On top of that, the team struggles because they have no point guard and their best player/scorer is the above mentioned Ahole. So the coaches come up with a plan, to play their injured star Ahole at the point to distribute the ball and shoot 3's all game, even though they decided that it would be best for him to get the surgery.

So here is the basketball related question(s) that came up during their first league game.

- What are the restrictions on playing with a cast on? The star Ahole had what looked like a hard cast, but what if its a soft brace? what are the regulations?

Don't have my rule books with me, so I'm shooting fomr the hip here, but I believe that even the brace of anykind is a no-go. Star ahole can't play.

- Midway through the 4th quarter, after the head coach got a phone call at halftime from his ex-fiance that left him at the altar telling him she's seeing someone else, coming out of a huddle, the star Ahole is about to break the huddle with a "1,2,3 TEAM", and the coach changes it to " SUCKS!", which the team screams out. Is this grounds for a Technical Foul?

Absolutely. Not only is it grounds for a Technical foul, I think you have a couple of options. If you feel the need to penalize this action, but don't want to go overboard, you either assess a T on the HC, or on the AC, which is in turn an indirect on the HC, and still leaves him a chance to remain in the game for up to 2 more Techincal foulds, D or I. If you really want to be an A$$ about it and shove it up the HC's a$$, you assess a direct T on everyone in the huddle. This of course results in the HC being ejected from the game due to all of the indirect Ts that he picks up through this action. It also awards the opposing team a lot more free throws.

- The opposing coach, to combat the star Ahole's exclusive left hand dribbling to pass left handed to a 3 point shooter on his left side for 3 and a half quarters, instead of forcing him right or denying the pass, tells his player to "take out his other wrist". The player then begins to hack away at the star Ahole's left wrist for 3 consecutive plays, the first 2 being called foul and the third is some sort of travelling violation. At what point would you deem this a flagrant foul? the star Ahole is exclusively dribbling with his left hand so the karate chop at the wrist is in the general vicinity of the ball.

If you hear the opposing coach say to "take out his other wrist," you assess the HC with a flagrant T at that point and send him to the showers early. You also tell the player who was given that instruction that the first hack he takes at the star Aholes other wrist will result in him joining his coach in the shower. Of course, if this game is being played in San Francisco, said player may hack the wrist even before the ball can be put back in play.

- to protest the non-call for the last foul, the coach goes on a rant and slams the ball down, getting a technical foul. While arguing about the techincal foul, the opposing player who was trying to injure the star Ahole starts talking trash to the coach while pointing in his face, causing the heartbroken coach to grab him by the jersey collar and starting a pushing and shoving match with dramatic string music leading to a commercial. At what point should a chippy situation like this lead to a game being called off? The hacking? the T? the player provoking the coach and basically admitting he was trying to take out the star Ahole?

I still wouldn't just "call the game off" for any of this. This last situation could not have even happened, because I would have taken the harsh action in episode 1 of assessing everyone in the huddle with a T, thus ejecting the head coach. If on the other hand, I had been overruled by my partner, because he was the R, and we had only whacked the AC, then in this situation I would charge both the player taunting the HC, and the HC, with flagrant technical fouls, and sent them packing.

Next time, TEEN WOLF!
Old Tue Aug 26, 2008, 04:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
Yes you do. Jurassic's daily afternoon routine is to take the dogs for a walk, take a dump (on good days), and then sit down and watch Dr. Phil and Oprah back-to-back.

'Splains a lot about him, don't it!
Some people go and take a dump. I prefer to leave one.
Old Tue Aug 26, 2008, 08:09pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Ken Reeves, Head Coach, Carver High School ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
My wife acts verbally annoyed whenever we watch shows with basketball scenes in them. She's not annoyed at the show, she's annoyed with me for my comments.
Like reruns, or in my case, original episodes, of The White Shadow ???