The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   One Tree Hill (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/47752-one-tree-hill.html)

Y2Koach Mon Aug 25, 2008 04:56pm

One Tree Hill

So the star player goes through most of the pre-season telling off teachers and coaches, sexually harassing a teacher who is the head basketball coaches sister-in-law, quiting school, quiting the team, not doing school work, showing up late for practice and tryouts, getting cut off the team, being put back on the team, breaks his wrist and quits the team because the coaches decide it would be best for him to get surgery, effectively ending his senior seasonh, so he cant score 30 a game and that will cost him a scholarship even though he had been shooting under 20 percent playing with a broken wrist, calls the assistant coach an uncle Tom, re-joins the team.

On top of that, the team struggles because they have no point guard and their best player/scorer is the above mentioned Ahole. So the coaches come up with a plan, to play their injured star Ahole at the point to distribute the ball and shoot 3's all game, even though they decided that it would be best for him to get the surgery.

So here is the basketball related question(s) that came up during their first league game.

- What are the restrictions on playing with a cast on? The star Ahole had what looked like a hard cast, but what if its a soft brace? what are the regulations?

- Midway through the 4th quarter, after the head coach got a phone call at halftime from his ex-fiance that left him at the altar telling him she's seeing someone else, coming out of a huddle, the star Ahole is about to break the huddle with a "1,2,3 TEAM", and the coach changes it to "<the other team> SUCKS!", which the team screams out. Is this grounds for a Technical Foul?

- The opposing coach, to combat the star Ahole's exclusive left hand dribbling to pass left handed to a 3 point shooter on his left side for 3 and a half quarters, instead of forcing him right or denying the pass, tells his player to "take out his other wrist". The player then begins to hack away at the star Ahole's left wrist for 3 consecutive plays, the first 2 being called foul and the third is some sort of travelling violation. At what point would you deem this a flagrant foul? the star Ahole is exclusively dribbling with his left hand so the karate chop at the wrist is in the general vicinity of the ball.

- to protest the non-call for the last foul, the coach goes on a rant and slams the ball down, getting a technical foul. While arguing about the techincal foul, the opposing player who was trying to injure the star Ahole starts talking trash to the coach while pointing in his face, causing the heartbroken coach to grab him by the jersey collar and starting a pushing and shoving match with dramatic string music leading to a commercial. At what point should a chippy situation like this lead to a game being called off? The hacking? the T? the player provoking the coach and basically admitting he was trying to take out the star Ahole?

Next time, TEEN WOLF!

M&M Guy Mon Aug 25, 2008 05:03pm

As long as the hacking is done on both ends of the floor, what's the problem?

<font size=1>(Still got some time on your hands until practice starts, eh?)</font size>

JRutledge Mon Aug 25, 2008 05:26pm

Coach you are thinking too much. I likely would not get that far, so I am not going to worry about a Hollywood show. ;)

Peace

Adam Mon Aug 25, 2008 05:29pm

Rut's right, this gets stopped much sooner.

mu4scott Mon Aug 25, 2008 08:27pm

If we were able to see pictures of the ex-fiance it would make this play a lot more clear.

BktBallRef Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:28am

Why are you watching that CRAP? :confused: :)

zm1283 Tue Aug 26, 2008 01:30am

My wife watches that show and I saw that episode when it was first on. I was saying the same things out loud when I watched it too.

The funniest part is when the coach slammed the ball down and the brawl started.

That show is basically a soap opera for teenage girls. Unfortunately 20-something married women see the need to watch it as well, which led to me seeing it also. It's almost like a car wreck. The good thing about it is that there are numerous smoking hot women on the show.

Scrapper1 Tue Aug 26, 2008 07:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zm1283
That show is basically a soap opera for teenage girls.

I was a little worried that I was so old that I was completely out of the pop culture loop -- until I read zm's comment. Now, I'm actually happy that I have no idea what you're all talking about and that I've never heard of One Tree Hill.

rockyroad Tue Aug 26, 2008 09:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1
that I've never heard of One Tree Hill.

Isn't that the little town right outside Hackensack???:eek:

M&M Guy Tue Aug 26, 2008 09:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad
Isn't that the little town right outside Hackensack???:eek:

I see you've been there.

Too bad.

Adam Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1
I was a little worried that I was so old that I was completely out of the pop culture loop -- until I read zm's comment. Now, I'm actually happy that I have no idea what you're all talking about and that I've never heard of One Tree Hill.

I'm not sure if this makes me marginally more cool than you; but I've heard of the show. Since it's a "soap opera for teenage girls," I'm assuming it's on WB (or is it the CW now?)

I'm glad my daughter's still watching Hannah Montana. Seeing Billy Ray play a dad named Robbie Ray seems significantly less like torture than One Tree Hill.

My wife acts verbally annoyed whenever we watch shows with basketball scenes in them. She's not annoyed at the show, she's annoyed with me for my comments. Sports and military seem to be a blind spot for most television producers; they show no desire to "get it right."

grunewar Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Sports and military seem to be a blind spot for most television producers; they show no desire to "get it right."

Amen brother! My wife is in the same boat!

HEY, he's wearing his medals, rank, insignia wrong!!!!! :mad:

Adam Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar
Amen brother! My wife is in the same boat!

HEY, he's wearing his medals, rank, insignia wrong!!!!! :mad:

"He shouldn't have his hat on in that scene."
"There's no way an E-9 would be doing that job."
"What the he11 kind of salute is that?"
"His hair is so far out of reg he should get an article 15."

Adam Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Yeah - you should see how they screw up croquet matches! :eek:

Oddly enough, I've not been able to watch 30 seconds of a televised croquet match (fictional or not) without falling asleep.

Bad Zebra Tue Aug 26, 2008 03:05pm

Funny stuff

I think it's hilarious that there's even a One Tree Hill thread on this forum. I have to admit I've watched it a dozen or so times (my wife watches it because my 22 year old daughter got her hooked).

Bottom line: Sophia Bush is smoking hot and it's better to have to look at her than a Tivo'd episode of Oprah.