The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 28, 2008, 05:08pm
Official Forum Member

Oregon City Camp???

Hey does anyone know anything about the Oregon City camp that is on the 27-29 of July or the tournament that it is linked with? I am looking for good instruction and assesment, my goal is not to get seen as much as getting good instruction.

I am thinking of going over to it from Boise but wanted to see if anyone had experience at it. If so can you recommend a place to stay?

Thanks ahead of time....
Old Wed May 28, 2008, 05:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isualum12
Hey does anyone know anything about the Oregon City camp that is on the 27-29 of July or the tournament that it is linked with? I am looking for good instruction and assesment, my goal is not to get seen as much as getting good instruction.

I am thinking of going over to it from Boise but wanted to see if anyone had experience at it. If so can you recommend a place to stay?

Thanks ahead of time....
Don't know of any Oregon City camp, but the Oregon City men's team is playing in a camp the weekend of June 27-29 in the Beaverton Area called Metro All-Stars Official's Camp. Here's the website. From what I understand there are a few slots still open.
Old Wed May 28, 2008, 05:27pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Don't know anything specifically about that camp, but if it's a HS girls team camp, you can't get any better players to work with than Oregon City.

As to where to stay, I would go to Lowe's and get a really sturdy cardboard refrigerator box. You can then just sleep in the woods with all the tree huggers. Here in Oregon, you wouldn't be even the slightest bit out of place.
Old Wed May 28, 2008, 05:31pm
Official Forum Member

Another website for Oregon City women's tourneys and player/team camps: End Of Trail. There's nothing going on in July - everything is in June and leads up to the big tourney July 6-9.
Old Wed May 28, 2008, 07:32pm
Official Forum Member

screwed up and typed July and ment June.....

Is the Lowe's parking lot very close to any wal-mart parking lots.....I hear they are great for parking lot for sleeping....nothing says "I'm ready to work a few games" like a nice sound sleep in my car.....
Old Wed May 28, 2008, 09:37pm
Esteemed Participant

isualum - for info on the camp, go to www.stripezone.com and look at all the camps they have listed there. As far as info on the camp - it is run by a couple of guys who have quite a few years of experience under their belts and know what they are doing both as officials and as clinicians/teachers. There are 4-5 D-I officials on staff, several others who have worked NAIA National Championships, D-II Elite Eights, and D-III Final Fours...it's not a "get seen" camp since there are no conference supervisors there, but quite a few people have used it as preparation before going to their "get seen" camps. It's a teaching camp, pure and simple. If you want more info, shoot me a pm on the site here and I can try to answer your questions.

Or if you know Brad Schmidt or Darren Kreschesnik (however you spell his last name) just ask them about Steve Beard's camp - they'll be able to talk to you about it.
Old Thu May 29, 2008, 09:43am
Official Forum Member

What is the camp that Steve Beard has called.
Old Thu May 29, 2008, 09:47am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddoc08
What is the camp that Steve Beard has called.
Oregon City Official's Camp
Old Thu May 29, 2008, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

Bart & Chris look like they have been out all night!
Old Thu May 29, 2008, 12:01pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Bart & Chris look like they have been out all night!
You know them pretty well, don't you!!
Old Fri May 30, 2008, 11:43am
Official Forum Member

Talking

Whats amazing is that Neoprine Man is the head staffer followed by Farris Bueler and the Latino Midget.
Old Fri May 30, 2008, 12:04pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Whats amazing is that Neoprine Man is the head staffer followed by Farris Bueler and the Latino Midget.
Actually, we prefer to call the Latino Midget "Lord Farquad"...that one really gets him!!
Old Sat May 31, 2008, 08:42am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
This is the real Juulie Downs, breaking "radio silence", so to speak. A friend here in Portland alerted me to this thread, and I need to just comment.

The OCOC is a terrific learning camp and well worth whatever expense and effort it may cost you to attend. The clinicians are all great refs and excellent teachers and the games are top drawer. I have attended a number of years and have always gotten the most value out of this camp of all I've gone to.

Do not miss it, if you have the choice. I will not be there this year because of family scheduling conflicts but go every year that I can.
Old Sat May 31, 2008, 06:47pm
Official Forum Member

Looks like we can now track rainmaker sightings as well as appearances by Chuck.
Old Sat May 31, 2008, 07:45pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
This is the real Juulie Downs, breaking "radio silence", so to speak.
Juulie - nice to know you haven't fallen off the edge of the earth. Hope you and the family are doing well. Don't be a stranger. I know I speak for everyone, yeah, even you-know-who, when I say we miss you.

If you get a chance, email me. I have a great "Bruce" story to tell you.