The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Oregon City Camp??? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/44811-oregon-city-camp.html)

isualum12 Wed May 28, 2008 05:08pm

Oregon City Camp???

Hey does anyone know anything about the Oregon City camp that is on the 27-29 of July or the tournament that it is linked with? I am looking for good instruction and assesment, my goal is not to get seen as much as getting good instruction.

I am thinking of going over to it from Boise but wanted to see if anyone had experience at it. If so can you recommend a place to stay?

Thanks ahead of time....

Smitty Wed May 28, 2008 05:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by isualum12
Hey does anyone know anything about the Oregon City camp that is on the 27-29 of July or the tournament that it is linked with? I am looking for good instruction and assesment, my goal is not to get seen as much as getting good instruction.

I am thinking of going over to it from Boise but wanted to see if anyone had experience at it. If so can you recommend a place to stay?

Thanks ahead of time....

Don't know of any Oregon City camp, but the Oregon City men's team is playing in a camp the weekend of June 27-29 in the Beaverton Area called Metro All-Stars Official's Camp. Here's the website. From what I understand there are a few slots still open.

Mark Padgett Wed May 28, 2008 05:27pm

Don't know anything specifically about that camp, but if it's a HS girls team camp, you can't get any better players to work with than Oregon City.

As to where to stay, I would go to Lowe's and get a really sturdy cardboard refrigerator box. You can then just sleep in the woods with all the tree huggers. Here in Oregon, you wouldn't be even the slightest bit out of place. :D

Smitty Wed May 28, 2008 05:31pm

Another website for Oregon City women's tourneys and player/team camps: End Of Trail. There's nothing going on in July - everything is in June and leads up to the big tourney July 6-9.

isualum12 Wed May 28, 2008 07:32pm

screwed up and typed July and ment June.....

Is the Lowe's parking lot very close to any wal-mart parking lots.....I hear they are great for parking lot for sleeping....nothing says "I'm ready to work a few games" like a nice sound sleep in my car.....:p

rockyroad Wed May 28, 2008 09:37pm

isualum - for info on the camp, go to www.stripezone.com and look at all the camps they have listed there. As far as info on the camp - it is run by a couple of guys who have quite a few years of experience under their belts and know what they are doing both as officials and as clinicians/teachers. There are 4-5 D-I officials on staff, several others who have worked NAIA National Championships, D-II Elite Eights, and D-III Final Fours...it's not a "get seen" camp since there are no conference supervisors there, but quite a few people have used it as preparation before going to their "get seen" camps. It's a teaching camp, pure and simple. If you want more info, shoot me a pm on the site here and I can try to answer your questions.

Or if you know Brad Schmidt or Darren Kreschesnik (however you spell his last name) just ask them about Steve Beard's camp - they'll be able to talk to you about it.

olddoc08 Thu May 29, 2008 09:43am

What is the camp that Steve Beard has called.

rockyroad Thu May 29, 2008 09:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by olddoc08
What is the camp that Steve Beard has called.

Oregon City Official's Camp

olddoc08 Thu May 29, 2008 09:55am

Bart & Chris look like they have been out all night!

rockyroad Thu May 29, 2008 12:01pm

Quote:

Bart & Chris look like they have been out all night!

You know them pretty well, don't you!!:D

olddoc08 Fri May 30, 2008 11:43am

Whats amazing is that Neoprine Man is the head staffer followed by Farris Bueler and the Latino Midget.

rockyroad Fri May 30, 2008 12:04pm

Quote:

Whats amazing is that Neoprine Man is the head staffer followed by Farris Bueler and the Latino Midget.

Actually, we prefer to call the Latino Midget "Lord Farquad"...that one really gets him!!

rainmaker Sat May 31, 2008 08:42am

This is the real Juulie Downs, breaking "radio silence", so to speak. A friend here in Portland alerted me to this thread, and I need to just comment.

The OCOC is a terrific learning camp and well worth whatever expense and effort it may cost you to attend. The clinicians are all great refs and excellent teachers and the games are top drawer. I have attended a number of years and have always gotten the most value out of this camp of all I've gone to.

Do not miss it, if you have the choice. I will not be there this year because of family scheduling conflicts but go every year that I can.

Nevadaref Sat May 31, 2008 06:47pm

Looks like we can now track rainmaker sightings as well as appearances by Chuck. :D

Mark Padgett Sat May 31, 2008 07:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainmaker
This is the real Juulie Downs, breaking "radio silence", so to speak.

Juulie - nice to know you haven't fallen off the edge of the earth. Hope you and the family are doing well. Don't be a stranger. I know I speak for everyone, yeah, even you-know-who, when I say we miss you.

If you get a chance, email me. I have a great "Bruce" story to tell you.