Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 27, 2008, 11:02pm
Official Forum Member

Len Elmore STFU Please

"Only the ball must pass the half court line to end the 10 second count."
Old Wed Feb 27, 2008, 11:05pm
Official Forum Member

He's reading from the rulebook and he still can't figure it out. And the other idiot Pat or something is so confused he has no clue what's going on.

And now the sideline commentator is making fun of the idiots for not being able to figure it out.
Old Wed Feb 27, 2008, 11:05pm
Official Forum Member

It was a BC violation.

They missed it.

And 5 minutes later, the TV idiots are still arguing.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Thu Feb 28, 2008, 07:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef
It was a BC violation.
I'm not sure if your referring to the same play or not but the one they were arguing about was when Paulus was dribbling, both feet went into the fc, but he remained dribbling in the bc. How is this a bc violation??
Old Thu Feb 28, 2008, 08:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamp
I'm not sure if your referring to the same play or not but the one they were arguing about was when Paulus was dribbling, both feet went into the fc, but he remained dribbling in the bc. How is this a bc violation??
He did dribble once in the bc. Then he picked up his dribble. That gives him fc status. He then pivoted in the bc.

The talking heads couldn't decide whether it was a violation 5 minutes later, yet they chided the official for the call/no call that he has to rule on in a split second.
Old Thu Feb 28, 2008, 08:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj
He did dribble once in the bc. Then he picked up his dribble. That gives him fc status. He then pivoted in the bc.

The talking heads couldn't decide whether it was a violation 5 minutes later, yet they chided the official for the call/no call that he has to rule on in a split second.
I must have saw a different play. The play I was referring to Paulus never pick up his dribble. Thanks for the info.
Old Thu Feb 28, 2008, 09:05am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

I'm guessing that Mr. Len Elmore is a commentator. Can someone tell me which network he is on?
Old Thu Feb 28, 2008, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
I'm guessing that Mr. Len Elmore is a commentator. Can someone tell me which network he is on?
Harvard TV.
Old Thu Feb 28, 2008, 10:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Harvard TV.

bwahahaha
"Earl Strom is a throwback, a reminder of the days when the refs had colorful personalities, the days when war-horses like Mendy Rudolph, Norm Drucker, and a younger Earl Strom were called the father, the son, and the holy ghost.—Roy Firestone, sports commentator
Old Thu Feb 28, 2008, 10:46am
Official Forum Member

I saw this play as it happened, and then several times on the replay. My view was that the ball stayed in the backcourt while both feet went to the front-court, and before he picked up the dribble to make the pass, he moved a foot back into the backcourt. Thus, there was never front-court status. I believe the refs made the right call.
Old Thu Feb 28, 2008, 11:26am
Lighten up, Francis.

Hey Lenny!!

Old Thu Feb 28, 2008, 01:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIRef
I saw this play as it happened, and then several times on the replay. My view was that the ball stayed in the backcourt while both feet went to the front-court, and before he picked up the dribble to make the pass, he moved a foot back into the backcourt. Thus, there was never front-court status. I believe the refs made the right call.
That's what I saw. Lenny ain't too bright.
Old Thu Feb 28, 2008, 01:59pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake~eyes
"Only the ball must pass the half court line to end the 10 second count."
Yeah, and only the ball must enter the basket for points to be scored.

Oh, wait a minute.
Old Thu Feb 28, 2008, 02:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIRef
Is this play online somewhere? I was sitting at a sports bar eating my wings when I saw that highlight from a distance, only once. I immediately thought it was a backcourt violation. Me being a Georgia resident and Tech fan, and a DUKE hater, I may have been quick to judge.

With all that said... both feet in the FC, (before??) he picked up dribble to make pass, moved foot back into the BC. When you say before he picked up the dribble was he dribbling or gathered the ball to pass? When the foot went into the BC did he dribble one more time then gather to pass? I'm confused with the before he picked up the dribble to make a pass statement. If I picture it correctly he was picking up the dribble to make the pass, then moved a foot back into the BC, then the dribble ended and it would be a violation because all three points are in the FC.
Old Thu Feb 28, 2008, 02:33pm
Official Forum Member

Foot on Division line?

Here is how I say the play

1. Dribbling up court, both feet in front court (or was one foot on the division line?) and ball in back court

2. Picks up dribble. Thus all three are now in front court (unless Pivot foot was on division line)

3. Pivots into backcourt. The pivot foot is on the division line. Other foot clearly goes into back court.

4. Pass made.

So it depends if the pivot was on the division line in #1 above.